CHAPTER 17

Brady's POV

In my head I mentally checked off how many lies I told to Leighton each one hurting more than the last was. I was now at two.

"Well the prom is next week. Who do you wanna go with?" Leighton said filling in the silence.

"No one." Nope lie number three.

"Why not? I seen 3 girls ask you." she pressed.

Because you're the only one I want to go with, You're the only one I want to be with, because my foster dad will put me in the hospital if I even ask to go and you're the only one I don't want to know my secret.

"I'm not going alright!" I erupted in aggravation and left the building.

I pushed past students rudely and  knocked over chairs until I found her.

Kathy sat smiling at her lunch table.

"Why'd it had to be him huh? Why couldn't you keep your damn legs closed?" I asked angrily.

I punched the garbage can hard enough to knock it over and cause a bigger scene.

"What do you mean Brady?" she asked seeming innocent for the crowd that formed.

I ran my fingers through my hair in exasperation.

"Yea what do you mean?" her boyfriend Shaun asked standing up ready to defend her.

"She knows exactly what I mean. Just watch her man. I hear she's not only a ho she's also a home wrecking bitch  ." I turned to leave when I was sucker punched from behind.

I spun around landing a right hook on Shaun's eye and another on his jaw before being apprehended by security guards. I spit the blood from my mouth at his shoes as I was dragged away into the office.

When I reached the door my heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. Leighton was eyeing me like I killed someone and by her side was Donny holding her with a smirk on his face.

If only she knew my reasons but that would require her knowing my secret. She would never look at me the same if I came clean... and I could never look at her the same if I didn't.

******************

"Brady Boston you are suspended for a week for your violent behaviors and we are pending the decision of taking away your prom." the principal spoke sternly.

"What?! No please anything else. Take away the stupid prom just don't suspend me I, cant be at home for that long." I begged scared of my foster dads reaction.

"Mr. Boston I'm sorry but you assaulted another child. With your rap sheet be happy I didn't expel you on the spot. Now please leave my office and gather the work from your teachers." The principal stated challenging me to say another word.

I slowly got up and did what I was told. I came across Leighton in the hallway and she quickly tried to speed away from me towards her locker.

"Leighton wait I could explain." I began in an effort to talk to her.

"Explain what Brady? You was doing so well. We got your grades up and everything then you throw it all away for some smut and her boyfriend? There's not enough anger in the world to fuel what you did or enough explaining to make me understand why you did it." she said and slammed her locker.

"But there is a good reason Leigh I was defending you." I protested.

"What ever Brady talk to me when your suspension is over." and with that she raced into french class where she knew I couldn't follow her.

The only thing left on my mind was a way to tell her my secret and reveal the secret I kept for Donny before it was to late.