CHAPTER 3

Leighton's POV

The day went by smoothly without Brady or Donny in my last two classes. I had time to think about what almost happened between me and Brady and the funny way Donny has been acting. The bell for the end of class rang and I went straight to advisory mentally promising to stop by my locker after.

When I arrived Brady was there. This can't be happening. The teacher was telling the class about how he will be joining us for the rest of the year. My heart fought itself debating whether it should flutter in excitement or deflate in disappointment. My eyes flew over to Donny who was already shaking his head in dissatisfaction.

I attempted to just walk past Brady but he stopped me by grabbing my elbow.

"Hey, your place after school?" he asked.

I stared at him, confusion the only emotion I would willingly convey towards him.

"The tutoring." he enlightened.

"Oh yea, sure. I almost forgot." I said before turning on my heels and making my way over to Donny and Felicity.

"What was that about?" Felicity asked, staring at Brady like she would devour him right then and there.

"Nothing. Tutoring." I responded nonchalantly.

"No you're not." Donny said without looking up.

"Excuse me?" I questioned making sure i heard him right.

"You heard me Leighton. I forbid you to be anywhere alone with that guy." Donny replied and I wondered if he knew how much of a jerk he sounded.

"I can do what ever I want Donny, you're not the boss of me. You should learn to trust your girlfriend." I said feeling offended.

"Yea you right because a boyfriend shouldn't have any say in the boys his girlfriend hangs out with by herself." he answered obnoxiously.

"Then maybe you shouldn't be my boyfriend." my voice came out loud and spit words that I hadn't expected.

I caught the attention of my entire homeroom. Although the bell had rang, the class stopped to watch.

"No no no no. You don't mean that Leighton. You guys are perfect for each other." Felicity tried to interject.

"Nah she's right. Maybe I shouldn't." Donny said harshly his gaze never leaving mine.

At this I abruptly got up and walked out of the room. I skipped the stop at my locker and went straight to my little bug outside. I flung the door open and got in.

I didn't start it at first. I just sat as hot tears melted away my mascara leaving angry black trails down my face. I was wallowing in my misery when there was a knock on the glass.

I unlocked the door thinking it was Donny coming to take me back. I didn't look up and continued sulking.

"I seen what happened." Said a voice and my head shot up to see Brady in the passenger seat.

"Why are you in here?" I asked

"We were supposed to study." he justified before handing me a moist paper towel and some tissue.

"Thanks." I said taking it and cleaning my face, surprised at his thoughtfulness.

"No problem." he said and resumed his uncaring bad boy attitude by staring out the window.

I started the car and we drove quietly to my place. I couldn't tell if he didn't ask about what happened because he was understanding of me or if he really couldn't give another fuck. Whatever it was, I was grateful for his silence instead of testing my nerves.