CHAPTER 6

Leighton's POV

I grew more nervous by the minute. Its been a whole night and Brady hasn't texted, called, or even spoke about what happened.

I checked the mirror once more seeing that I was dressed to perfection with make up to match. My skinny jeans had small rips in all the right places. The flowery top I was wearing showed just enough cleavage to catch attention but not so much to look slutty.

I grabbed my phone and texted a quick message.

Me: Did u leave 4 scool yet?

Brady: Nah y?

Me: I'm omw :)

The smiley in the text perfectly reciprocated the smile on my face. If Brady was unwilling to acknowledge the kiss, then I was just gonna make him want more.

I remember Brady telling me his address while I was tutoring him and got there with ease.

I watched him emerge from his house wearing sweat pants that hung just below his waist and a wife-beater snug against his muscular chest.

I compulsively licked my lips.

"Hey tiger." I waved catching his attention.

"Wassup Leigh." he smiled and swaggered over to the car.

It was then that I noticed the bruise tainting his right cheek.

"What happened?" I asked gesturing towards his face when he was finally settled in the passenger seat.

He was quiet for a few moments and I thought I had crossed an imaginary line.

"I had a... fight." he finally said but I could sense he wasn't telling the whole truth.

I decided not to pester him about it and drove off.

When we pulled up in front of the school, everybody was watching and whispering about us. I was already skilled in ignoring the stares but Brady chose that moment to sling his arm over my shoulder.

I nervously avoided eye contact. Why was he doing this to me?

We stopped walking at my locker so I thought I should ask about the kiss.

"Brady? Umm... about yesterday..." I trailed off realizing I hadn't really thought this through.

"Don't even worry about it. It was nothing. Not even on my mind." he said quickly filling in the silence.

I gaped wide eyed at him. That kiss was something. It's on my mind all the time. If I felt it I know he had to have felt it. This was humiliating. How could I be just friends after it.

My thoughts were interrupted by a hand being shoved in my face.

"Still friends?" Brady asked waiting for me to shake his hand.

No."Yes" I responded weakly raising my hand to meet his.

I watched him walk away then turned to open my locker.

Inside amongst my books, was a dozen red and white roses and a card. This gesture tugged at my heart strings and I began to think that maybe Brady really does like me. I unfolded the card and read it:

Dear Leighton,

I made a huge mistake. I wish you could forgive me and we could go back to normal. Prom is at the end of the month. Will you come with me?

         -Look up.

The note was to confusing to be coming from Brady but I still looked around as it directed. I wasn't sure who or what I was looking for and it became increasingly difficult as the halls filled with students. A familiar figure began walking towards me from the end of the hall.

Donny came into view holding a big teddy bear. His smile lit up the hallways and his shirt had the word PROM? in big letters.

"What you say?" he asked opening his arms wide.

**********

Muahaha cliff hanger and a twist!!!!

I know it's a slow start but it gets interesting in the next couple chapters. Hang on. I'll be updating once a week or more if I forget or you want more simply leave a nice non threatening comment. Don't forget to read Because Love Hurts if you haven't already.