ǝʌᴉɟ ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

[OP] Randomly register an account. Posted on January 19, 2017, 21:21:17

After getting ashore, I couldn't move, and A carried me and ran frantically to find a doctor. The island we were on didn't have a hospital, only a few small clinics that sold medicine. The nurse bandaged Fu Yan's arm and examined my ankle, suspecting it was a dislocated bone. They did some basic cleaning and immobilization and recommended that I go to the nearest hospital on another island for treatment.

To get to that hospital, we had to take a half-hour speedboat ride and then a twenty-minute car ride. Along the way, I was carried up and down several times, and during the whole process, my right foot felt completely useless. The ankle was becoming more and more painful and swollen, and by the time we reached the hospital, it had swollen to twice its normal size. The doctor took an X-ray and confirmed that it was indeed a dislocated bone that needed immediate resetting. I heard that resetting bones could be painful, and I was a bit scared. Egg Bro went to buy some food, and A and Fu Yan tried their best to find light-hearted topics to divert my attention, but I was in so much pain that I felt almost faint, and I couldn't be in the mood for their jokes.

While I was distracted, the doctor quickly reset my bone, and the pain made me scream in agony. A was startled and quickly held my hand, but I felt like he was almost crushing my bones.

"Are you trying to break my hand?" I asked him weakly, and he quickly let go.

After the bone was reset, I was drenched in sweat from the pain, lying on the hospital bed, not wanting to move at all. A wiped the sweat from my forehead with a wet towel, and Fu Yan sat beside me. The three of us remained silent, creating a peculiar atmosphere. I thought that if it were Fu Yan with a dislocated bone, A would openly show his tenderness and concern for the person he called his "White Moonlight." He would have a rare opportunity to express his emotions and reveal the deep feelings accumulated over the years. As for me, I might awkwardly stand on the sidelines, watching the person I loved deeply entangled with someone else, just like the role I had played in this love for years, torn between staying and leaving.

However, God was somewhat merciful and spared me from experiencing that scene by making me the one lying in the hospital bed. The difference was that A wouldn't shower me with sweet nothings in front of Fu Yan.

Wait, it should be, the difference was that A wouldn't shower sweet nothings upon me.

Egg Bro returned with some food, and I ate a little casually. The doctor asked me to get a cast, so after a whole day of turmoil, I ended up as someone with a large cast, needing crutches to walk. The doctor said I could actually go back to the hotel that night, but if I wasn't confident, I could stay in the hospital overnight. A said he would stay with me in the hospital that night.

I didn't care either way; after all, he wouldn't be staying with me much longer.

In the evening, Fu Yan found an opportunity to ask Egg Bro and A to leave. Since we got ashore today, I felt like he had something he wanted to tell me.

Fu Yan sat beside my bed, looking guilty, and said, "I'm sorry."

I shook my head and said, "Today isn't about you."

Indeed, it wasn't about him. It was A's choice to save him, and it had nothing to do with anyone else. Nobody had a knife to A's throat, forcing him to do it.