ǝǝɹɥʇ ʎʇɹᴉɥʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

In the evening, the two of them ordered takeout from a restaurant near Mo Xi's home, a Vietnamese pho shop known for its delicious flavors. After finishing the pho, Mo Xi held a large bowl and gulped down the flavorful broth, wiping his mouth afterward. There was a bit of broth residue on his lips when he looked up.

"What's the rush?" Pei Hao chuckled, looking at him. He used his thumb to wipe away the broth from the corner of Mo Xi's mouth. "No one's competing with you."

"It's so tasty!" Mo Xi stuck out his tongue and licked the corner of Pei Hao's mouth where he had touched, savoring the lingering salty taste of the broth.

"In that case, you might as well drink mine too," Pei Hao pushed his own bowl towards Mo Xi. "I'm full."

"Really?" Mo Xi picked up the bowl with a mixture of doubt and curiosity. Knowing Pei Hao's usual appetite, that small amount wouldn't satisfy him.

"Yeah," Pei Hao nodded, shrugging. "Jetlag hasn't adjusted yet, so I don't have an appetite."

That's true; it's early morning in China now. Mo Xi proceeded to drink down Pei Hao's bowl of soup in a similar manner, and after finishing it, he leaned back in his chair, rubbing his slightly bloated stomach. "Looks like you won't be enjoying good food today."

Pei Hao was momentarily taken aback, as if recalling a similar scenario from a few years ago during a sultry afternoon when a lazy and relaxed Mo Xi had made a similar comment about his stomach. Back then, Mo Xi was a simple youth whose eyes would light up at the sight of food and blush in Pei Hao's presence.

Memories of their earlier years surged up, causing gentle ripples in Pei Hao's eyes. He leaned down, grasped Mo Xi's shoulder, and slipped his tongue into Mo Xi's mouth for a brief moment before pulling back, his face wearing a self-satisfied grin. "Now you've got something to be happy about."

Suddenly kissed again for no apparent reason, Mo Xi sat stunned in the chair for a while, reflecting on the events of the past 24 hours. He felt as though he had split into two people. One was a character acting alongside Pei Hao in this peculiar and inexplicable play, while the other remained detached, watching this bizarre and fantastical performance from a higher vantage point.

"What's going on?" After the kiss, Pei Hao saw the lack of response from the person in the chair and waved his hand in front of his eyes.

"Pei Hao," Mo Xi suddenly furrowed his brow, his expression serious. "I want to talk to you about something."

Ironically, despite the many years of back and forth between them, they still hadn't reached a conclusion. After a night's sleep, things had become even more complicated, and there were certain things he couldn't ignore if he wanted to feel at ease.

Seeing Mo Xi's serious demeanor, Pei Hao's smile gradually faded. He had an inkling of what Mo Xi wanted to discuss, and an inexplicable sense of unease arose within him.

After mentally preparing himself, he dragged over a chair and sat down, then turned to face Mo Xi. "Go ahead."