uǝʌǝlǝ ɐɹʇxǝ

Another night with a needle in his hand, Pei Hao lay on the hospital bed, feeling drowsy. He hadn't dozed off for long when his phone rang.

He groggily answered the call, "Hello?"

"Pei Hao!" Egg Bro's deafening voice sounded from the other end of the line, "What the hell, can you reply to my WeChat message?"

Pei Hao uncomfortably covered his ear, holding the phone a couple of hand spans away from himself, and asked, "When did you send a WeChat message?"

"Stop pretending, just answer me!" Egg Bro's frustration was evident. He had been sending messages to Pei Hao for two days without getting any response. And now when he finally got through, Pei Hao wasn't even in the service area. He was starting to suspect something had happened to Pei Hao. But then he remembered Pei Hao's usual behavior and was quite sure he had forgotten to reply. It was Pei Hao who asked him to do something in the first place, so why did it end up being so tiring to find him?

He was too much!

"Hold on a second, let me check." Pei Hao exited the call interface and opened WeChat.

Ah, he was logged into the "MischievousChild" account, and it had been like that for a few days.

No wonder.

Pei Hao rubbed his still fuzzy mind and sluggishly replied, "I forgot to log in."

"..." Egg Bro was left speechless. Even his 70-year-old grandma knew how to forward health articles on WeChat every day. Now this young person in his twenties was saying he forgot to log in, and what was most annoying was that Egg Bro couldn't even argue back. It was like punching cotton; Egg Bro felt like his temper was being worn away by Pei Hao.

"What's up?" Pei Hao asked on the other end.

Egg Bro shook his head. Forget it, he wasn't new to Pei Hao's abnormal behavior.

And besides, Pei Hao had lost his significant other and his parents.

What was the point of caring about anything with him?

Egg Bro calmed down his emotions a bit and tried to speak in a calm tone, "Didn't you ask me to help you contact the buyers? I found them, and their appraiser needs to inspect the goods first. Shall I arrange a time?"

Back when Pei Hao had money, he bought quite a few luxury items. But now that he was out making a living, he realized that no matter how exquisite or valuable those items were, they couldn't be used as food. So, he thought of selling some of them—part of it for investment and the other part for backup savings.

"Is it reliable?" Pei Hao asked further.

"Don't worry, they manage several second-hand shops officially, they're knowledgeable, and the price they offer is the highest I've heard of in the circle," Egg Bro was quite confident, "If you're not satisfied with the price they give, you won't be satisfied with anything else."