uǝǝʇxᴉs ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

[OP] Randomly register an account. Posted on February 20, 2017, 20:51:16

On Monday morning's meeting, as expected, the manager transferred me to Team Three, and Old Wang looked quite satisfied.

Team Three's job was to upgrade some of the company's previous software, which was less intense than Team One's work. Of course, the year-end bonuses were also not as high as in Team One.

The team leader of Team Three was relatively young, in his early thirties, and seemed easy to get along with. Let's call him Lao Zhou, although he wasn't actually old. Lao Zhou was quite pleased with me, and on Monday afternoon, he had someone help me get familiar with the work in the team and told me I could come to him anytime if I had any questions.

After getting to know the people in Team Three, I realized that Old Wang wasn't targeting me, but rather the department manager. Old Wang had been working at the company for over a decade. Last year, he was on the verge of being promoted to department manager, but the company suddenly brought in someone from outside who was placed above him. Feeling dissatisfied, Old Wang outwardly followed the company's orders but secretly fought against the department manager in various ways. So, even though I, another newcomer, was brought in by the manager, regardless of my abilities, I naturally wasn't well-received by Old Wang. The people in Team One were personally chosen by Old Wang, and those transferred by the department manager would sooner or later be given various reasons to leave, whether to Team Two, Team Three, or even other departments. In short, these two individuals were at odds, and unfortunately, I stepped into their minefield.

It was said that Old Wang had connections, which was why he dared to oppose the department manager. As for why he didn't become a manager himself, rumors had it that during the manager selection process, one of his subordinates accused him of sexual harassment. Although the case was dropped due to lack of evidence, the manager position was also denied. As for whether he really sexually harassed his subordinate, and whether it had anything to do with the current manager, I, a simple-minded programmer, couldn't find the answer and wasn't particularly interested. The reasons behind it, whether true or false, were beyond my concern.

Fortunately, the atmosphere in Team Three was good, similar to the one in Team Y in city X. There were fewer people, a few programmers busy with coding and writing code every day, without much time for unnecessary matters.

The following week, work gradually fell into a routine. Pei Hao also didn't bother me anymore, and the world was incredibly peaceful.

Da Bai kept insisting on introducing me to potential partners and sent me some photos of people who looked nice, but I just couldn't muster any interest. I had invested a lot of energy in my previous relationship, and now I felt like I didn't have the capacity to love someone else. Just the thought of having to get to know someone again, to adapt and invest, only for them to end up loving someone else, left me feeling exhausted.

Being alone was quite nice. I could eat and sleep as I pleased, without having to consider another person, nor worry about gains and losses. I added some green plants to my home. Even if I lived alone, I wanted to make it lively. In another year or two, I might even get a dog. That way, even if I stayed single, I wouldn't feel too lonely.

On the weekend, I had dinner with my sister and her husband. I listened to them talking about their pregnancy plans, eagerly awaiting the arrival of my nephew or niece. I didn't dare hope to find someone I loved and who loved me back in the future. As long as life continued to be calm and peaceful, I would be content.