uǝǝʇǝuᴉu ɐɹʇxǝ

At 8 o'clock in the morning, a nurse opened a window in the corridor, and a slightly cool breeze entered, causing a shiver in the person sitting on the chair.

Mo Xi felt a bit cold, probably due to the low temperature in the hospital corridor yesterday, he might have caught a chill. Beside him was Pei Hao, who was already leaning back on the chair, asleep. His hands were crossed over his chest, his eyes were still facing Mo Xi's direction, and a smile was on his face, as if he had a good dream.

In a daze, Mo Xi remembered the faint smile and the words "I miss you" that Pei Hao had said last night. Like a light cloud, they drifted onto his heart, causing a tickling sensation. In that hazy moonlight, Pei Hao's earnest confession felt like something from years ago, which would have captivated him instantly. However, yesterday, he had merely turned his head slightly, not offering any response, because he truly didn't know how to respond.

Not long after, a nurse came to talk to Mo Xi. She basically meant that the money they had paid was running out, so they should top up. Pei Hao woke up from his half-asleep state, shook his hair, and stood up to take care of the matter: "Sure, I'll go pay."

"Pei Hao!" Mo Xi stopped Pei Hao, who was already striding away, and followed him, "Let me do it."

"You have no money," Pei Hao ruffled Mo Xi's hair forcefully. Then, fearing that Mo Xi might get upset, he quickly added, "You don't even know where to go to make the payment."

Pei Hao was right. At the moment, Mo Xi had only a few thousand yuan left with him. Compared to his sister's medical expenses, it was like a drop in the bucket. He didn't want to owe Pei Hao any favors at this time, but reality was staring him in the face—Mo Zi needed the medical fees urgently, and he couldn't come up with the money.

Mo Xi lowered his head, his gaze dim, feeling quite powerless.

Sensing Mo Xi's downturned mood, Pei Hao put an arm around his neck, guiding him to the elevator, and playfully touched his nose with his fingertip. "Don't overthink it. Besides, I'm not using that money right now; it's just sitting in the bank."

Mo Xi pursed his lips. "I'll repay you as soon as possible."

Pei Hao had originally thought of saying there's no rush, or even just telling him not to bother repaying, since he was willingly spending it anyway. But when he thought about Mo Xi's unfamiliar attitude a while ago, he grew a bit irritated. In the end, he just threw out a casual "Whatever," and got into the elevator.

Not long after, Xiaojun came to relieve them with breakfast. After Mo Xi and Pei Hao finished eating, Xiaojun hurried them home to rest.

As they stepped out of the hospital, Mo Xi turned to Pei Hao and said, "You can head back; I've booked a hotel."

Knowing Mo Xi's personality, Pei Hao understood that he wouldn't stay at his house for long. However, he didn't expect Mo Xi to have found a place to stay so quickly, which indicated how much he wanted to distance himself from Pei Hao. Pei Hao didn't insist and only said, "I'll drop you off."

"No need," Mo Xi shook his head, anticipating his skepticism. He even showed the booking confirmation on his phone, "It's in the opposite direction of your house, so no need to go out of your way."