uǝʌǝs ʎʇuǝʍʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

"I miss you."

"Rather than changing your mind, I hope you live happily in this world."

"Xiao Xi, I love you."

Mo Xi suddenly opened his eyes, propped himself up on his arm, and stared blankly on the bed for a few seconds before patting his head and sitting up.

Ever since he returned from X City, he had been dreaming of Pei Hao frequently. It was always the same few scenes and those same lines.

He knew that Pei Hao was like a drug – harmful to touch, but addictive.

Even though he had plunged into a busy life after returning, Pei Hao, along with his messages, always found their way in.

For instance, right now, Mo Xi fished out his phone and saw several unread messages. Without even looking, he was sure they were from Pei Hao.

The day before Mo Xi returned to the United States, Pei Hao had snatched his phone away, claiming he wanted to download a game for him, but he had secretly added his own WeChat.

Mo Xi threw the covers off and climbed out of bed. He opened WeChat and took a glance. Pei Hao's messages were all about trivial matters, sent every few hours:

"I went to the west side of the city today. The development is fast. Yang Ji opened a branch there."

"Steam released a new game. If you have time, give it a try." Followed by a game link.

"Did you attend Experimental Second Primary School?"

Mo Xi sighed. He hadn't realized how much Pei Hao talked all the time...

There was a noise outside the bedroom, probably his roommate coming back. Mo Xi scratched the back of his head and quickly replied with a "Yes," then put his phone back in his pocket.

His roommate was a PhD student, an older sister who had helped him out quite a bit. She had introduced him to his job at the library.

His roommate's surname was quite rare: Mai, and her name was Mai Ying. When Mo Xi first heard this name, he was taken aback, his face full of question marks.

"Prostitu...tion?"

His roommate probably was used to this kind of reaction and had a look that said, "I knew you'd react like that." She calmly said, "It's not the two words you're thinking of..."

"Oh," Mo Xi embarrassedly scratched his head, "Sorry, sorry."

Half a year ago, Mai Ying got a boyfriend. After that, she practically lived at her boyfriend's place. She would come back at most once a week. Mo Xi was happy for the peace and quiet.

He didn't know why she had come back so early today.