uǝʌǝlǝ ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

[OP] Randomly register an account. Posted on February 3, 2017, 22:31:09

Another two days passed, and Egg Brother gave me a call.

He cautiously asked if he could come see me. I guess Pei Hao called him to plead on his behalf.

"Egg Brother, you warned me before. Pei Hao's affections aren't for me," I couldn't block Egg Brother's calls like I did with Pei Hao, so I had to explain slowly, "You saw what happened in the sea that day. He only loves Fu Yan from start to finish. I can't continue with him."

Egg Brother remained silent on the other end of the phone for a moment, not speaking, probably pondering whether or not he should advise me.

"In fact, you've observed for so many years, and you already understood, right?" I continued, "You both know it in your hearts. In Pei Hao's eyes, I'm just Fu Yan's backup plan."

Egg Brother still didn't reply, and if I were Pei Hao's friend, I'd find it awkward to continue the conversation.

"I don't understand why he's been acting crazy recently. Maybe he can't accept the fact that I broke up with him instead of the other way around," I leaned back on the couch, my tone flat but feeling uncomfortable inside, "If I choose to be with him, then his choice of saving Fu Yan in a life-or-death situation instead of me, that would be a knife stabbing into my heart. I'll never be able to forget it."

"Pei Hao is an idiot in this matter," Egg Brother said in a tone of frustration, "So when he called me today, I scolded him for half an hour straight."

Egg Brother paused for a moment and continued, "But he kept saying he didn't know the other person who fell into the water was you at the time. I believe him in this regard."

"The point isn't whether he knew I fell into the water or not. The point is that he only had Fu Yan in his heart," I frowned. No matter how many times I say this, it doesn't feel right in my heart.

"Sigh," Egg Brother sighed heavily, saying helplessly, "I understand what you mean. I'll pass on your message to him. I won't try to persuade you anymore."

"Xiao Xi, I can't interfere in the matter between you and Pei Hao, but I still really like having you as a friend. If you don't mind that I'm friends with Pei Hao, too, we can still stay in touch for any future needs. I'll help as much as I can. I hope our friendship won't be severed." Egg Brother had reached a point of understanding my determination.

I was moved on my end. Egg Brother had always taken care of me. When Pei Hao didn't pay much attention to me before, I knew Egg Brother had spoken up for Pei Hao multiple times, openly and discreetly.

I quickly nodded and said, "Sure, you can always reach out to me if you need anything in the future. Thank you for taking care of me these years."

After hanging up the phone, I sat on the couch lost in thought for a while, recalling the recent events.

Pei Hao's recent reactions were somewhat unexpected. I hadn't thought he would appear to care about me so much. One moment he was reviewing elevator footage, the next he was bothering Da Bai, calling my sister and Egg Brother.