ʎʇuǝʍʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

Mo Zi's body was slowly recovering. She had been moved from the ICU to a regular ward. Xiao Jun's smile grew wider, but Pei Hao and Mo Xi's mental states were deteriorating. Mo Xi had been taking cold showers for almost a week. His cold had worsened, and coughing and a runny nose were the least of his worries. Yesterday, he had even started running a low-grade fever. His head felt dizzy, and he couldn't write a single line of code despite staring at the computer for a long time. When he returned to the hostel to sleep this morning, the air conditioning wasn't working, and he was shivering with cold. Even after wrapping himself in two blankets, he couldn't get warm. His face alternated between hot and cold in waves.

Mo Xi called the front desk, asking why the air conditioning was broken. The receptionist nonchalantly responded, "It's normal. Just wait a bit longer. Someone will come to fix it tomorrow. Or do you want to change rooms tomorrow? We're fully booked for today."

"Damn it!" Even the perpetually patient Mo Xi was getting frustrated. He thought, "You can go to hell. Tomorrow, I'm definitely changing accommodations." Mo Xi forced himself to go out and buy a box of fever-reducing medicine. He took a few pills and fell into a deep sleep wrapped in blankets.

In the evening, Pei Hao waited at the hospital until 11 o'clock, and Mo Xi still hadn't arrived. Normally, he would have been there by 9 o'clock. He called Mo Xi's phone, but it was turned off. Something didn't seem right. He greeted Xiao Jun and then took a taxi to the place Mo Xi was staying. He knocked on the door for a while before the person inside sluggishly opened the door to let him in.

Mo Xi had been in a deep sleep, dreaming of a chaotic universe and a vague earth. He was being chased by a group of hideous monsters, running everywhere to escape. Just as he was fleeing, he heard a "thud thud" knocking at the door from outside. He slowly roused himself from the bed, his head heavy. It took him a minute to distinguish between reality and the dream. Only then did he realize that the person knocking at the door was Pei Hao. He had just stood up when he suddenly felt weak all over, almost losing his balance. It took him what felt like a long time to traverse the few steps from the bedside to the door.

As soon as he opened the door, his legs gave way, and he hurriedly grabbed onto a nearby chair, sitting down heavily.

"What's wrong with you?" Pei Hao was startled when he saw the person in front of him with a pale face.

Mo Xi tilted his head back, sweat beads formed on his forehead, and his clothes were soaked from the sweat on his back. He shifted into a position that wouldn't press his back against the chair and opened his mouth uncomfortably, "Not feeling too well."

Pei Hao walked over and touched his forehead; it was burning hot. Mo Xi's face was also flushed red. Pei Hao's heart tightened, and he immediately put a coat and shoes on Mo Xi. He lifted Mo Xi into his arms and headed straight for the hospital.

The doctor said Mo Xi had a severe cold, and his temperature had risen to 40 degrees Celsius. He needed medication and an IV immediately.

After giving Mo Xi his medicine, Pei Hao called Xiao Jun to let him know that there might be no one at Mo Zi's place tonight, so Xiao Jun took another night shift.

Mo Xi slept for a long time. He vaguely remembered that Pei Hao had been holding his hand all along, saying a lot of things. He even seemed to have leaned down and kissed him, but he wasn't sure if it was real or a hallucination. He decided to pretend it hadn't happened.