uǝǝʇɹᴉɥʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

"That doctor, how should I take this medicine?" A middle-aged woman stared at the prescription the doctor had just given her, but she couldn't recognize a single character.

"One pill in the morning and evening, take it after meals," replied Mo Zi.

Standing next to the middle-aged woman was a seven or eight-year-old girl. As soon as she heard about taking medicine, she began to protest, "Mom, I don't want to take medicine."

Mo Zi patted the girl's head and reassured her, "It's okay, this medicine is sweet, it tastes like candy."

The little girl looked up at her with big, watery eyes, looking pitiful, and asked half-believingly, "Really?"

"Really," Mo Zi nodded firmly.

"Alright then," the little girl wiped her eyes, sniffled, and walked away with her mother, satisfied.

Mo Zi checked the time, realizing there was less than an hour left before the end of her shift. She could still see a few more patients. She stood up, supporting her pregnant belly, preparing to go to the restroom.

The hospital corridor was long. She had to walk from one end to the other, turn a corner, and walk some more to reach the restroom. Luckily, sometimes her colleagues would come over to help her, and the relatives of patients in the corridor would instinctively make way for her when they saw her pregnant figure.

After leaving the restroom, Mo Zi heard a commotion at the entrance. She washed her hands and peeked out. One of the doctors from her department was surrounded by several family members. These family members were arrogant, speaking foul language and pointing at the doctor's hands.

Mo Zi recognized these family members. Their elderly relative, over eighty years old, had a brain tumor. The doctor had recommended conservative treatment, but the family insisted on surgery. The elderly patient passed away on the same day as the surgery. They didn't listen to the doctor's advice back then, and now they were causing a scene?

Mo Zi could tell that the atmosphere was tense. She quickly pulled out her phone and called the hospital director and another doctor, asking them to come over immediately.

The doctor who was cornered tried to explain, but it fell on deaf ears. He turned to leave, but one of the burly family members, Wang, grabbed his hair and forcefully pulled him back. Wang muttered under his breath, his face contorted with rage, and then he landed a heavy punch on the doctor's face.

The doctor was dazed by the blow, stumbling and leaning against the wall, covering his face as he cried out in pain.

At that moment, the piercing cry of a child rang out, drawing everyone's attention. Mo Zi followed the sound and saw the little girl who had just seen her for treatment. The girl was probably waiting for her mother outside the restroom and got scared when she saw the doctors being attacked.

Another aggressive-looking family member, fearing that the girl's crying would attract attention, hurried over and slapped the girl across the face, hissing, "Shut up!" The girl was slapped to the ground, crying even louder.