ǝǝɹɥʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

A week later, just as Mo Xi was worrying about his tuition fees, a sudden influx of money into his bank account startled him. At first, he thought someone was using his account for money laundering, but after checking the transaction history, he realized that it was from Da Bai.

Then a message from Da Bai appeared on WeChat: "I transferred 300,000 to you, did you receive it?"

Mo Xi could hardly believe it. When did Da Bai become so wealthy? The tone of the message was so calm, as if transferring 300,000 was as casual as transferring 30 bucks.

Mo Xi: Did you rob a bank?? Where did you get so much money?

After a while, Da Bai sent a voice message, sounding nonchalant: "I got a new boyfriend. His dad is a real estate tycoon, and he gave it to me."

As he concocted the lie, Da Bai wiped the sweat off his forehead, feeling nervous on the other end of the phone.

Well, this lie was so unbelievable that even he didn't believe it.

It's as if sons of real estate tycoons are just everywhere, readily giving away 300,000 without batting an eye.

If that was the case, why would he bother working hard day and night?

"Your new boyfriend?" Mo Xi repeated, half believing, half doubting, "Gave it to you?"

"Yeah, he loves me to death." Da Bai neither confirmed nor denied it.

If you're going to lie, you better lie confidently. If you don't believe it, nobody else will.

"No."

"How can I accept your money?"

"What if you two have a fight, and he uses this against you?"

"No, I can't accept."

Mo Xi sent several WeChat messages in a row, emphasizing that he absolutely couldn't accept this money.

"Stop being stubborn. 300,000 is nothing to him. Just take it and pay it back later." Da Bai tried to persuade him gently.

"No, I really can't accept such a large sum of money from you." Mo Xi shook his head vigorously.

"Why do you keep treating me like an outsider? Didn't you often lend me money before?" Knowing Mo Xi's temperament, Da Bai understood that he wouldn't accept favors for no reason. So he played the emotional card, "Do you really consider me your best friend? Why won't you accept money when I lend it to you?"

"It's not that," Mo Xi didn't know how to explain. He was so flustered that even his voice messages became a bit stuttered, "The amount is too much."

"It's not like I'm giving it to you for free. Consider it double the bank interest rate," Da Bai wanted to end this topic sooner rather than later, otherwise, he might be exposed. So he played his last card, "If you don't accept, I'll just call your sister and tell her that you're working three jobs a day."