ɹnoɟ ʎʇuǝʍʇ ɹǝʇdɐɥɔ

[OP] Randomly register an account. Posted on April 5, 2017, 23:09:31

I can't remember how I replied to Pei Hao that day.

It seems like I didn't say anything. Should I have begged him not to argue with Jin Yu? That would have seemed unfair to him.

Since, as I've said, Pei Hao and I have no more connection, why should I demand anything from him?

On a winter evening, snow fell gently on my head. There wasn't much wind in the neighborhood, but the cold was penetrating to the bone. I was only outside for less than twenty minutes, and I was already freezing. I didn't know how long Pei Hao had been waiting for me outside.

Me: Where's your car?

Pei: Do you think I can drive with this leg?

Me: You should go back quickly.

Pei: Wait a little longer, I'll leave after you go upstairs.

Me: ...

I knew it was pointless to persuade him, the best way was for me to hurry home, and then he would leave.

I made something to eat at home. I don't know why, but I felt like that person sitting downstairs was affecting me. I was afraid to open the curtains and find him still sitting there.

Then I wouldn't know what to do.

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I could resist this kind of trick.

Luckily, when I opened the window, he wasn't sitting in his usual spot.

It was already dark, the old yellow streetlight faintly illuminated the path ahead. Most of the office workers had already returned home, drinking warm soup and watching TV. But under the streetlight, on the snowy ground, there was a figure standing faintly, I could only see his back.

He leaned on a crutch, dragging a heavy leg, moving forward step by step, each step seemed to be treading on my heart.

Remembering how he used to be so confident and imposing on the basketball court, it was hard to believe he could now walk so slowly and unsteadily, like an old man.

I clenched my fist tightly, my nails digging into my skin. I tried to calm myself down, otherwise, I might run downstairs to support him in the next second.

He didn't come every day, but when he did, he would stay for over three hours. It happened to be the coldest month of the winter, around -5 or -6 degrees Celsius. He would just sit there, not saying anything to me, and then leave silently.

I wished he would say something to me, so I could get angry and make him leave.

But now he had learned not to provoke me, and I found I was powerless against him.

Why was he so stubborn?