ǝʌlǝʍʇ ɐɹʇxǝ

"Sis, what's your due date?" Mo Xi was on a video call, holding a bag of chips and chatting with Mo Zi.

"November 12th," Mo Zi caressed her belly, a faint smile on her lips. "I hope she comes out early. Her dad has already prepared toys, clothes, and formula for her."

"Well, it's not many days left. You shouldn't go to work recently, just rest at home." Mo Xi advised. Hospitals are usually crowded and full of germs. Besides, her sister couldn't perform surgeries for patients now, so she might as well stay at home.

"Yes! I agree." Mo Zi's brother-in-law, Xiao Jun, chimed in with a calm voice.

"Don't worry, now I'm the treasure of the whole department. Everyone takes good care of me," Mo Zi glanced at her brother-in-law, her expression calm. "This Friday is my last day."

Mo Xi stared at her sister's prominently raised belly, reminded of the media's reports on medical disputes. He still felt a bit worried. "I think you can start taking leave today. The hospital is too chaotic, and it won't make much difference for these few days."

"No, I can't. The department is short-staffed. Do you remember Dr. Zhang? His father just passed away, so he took a week off. Dr. Chen had a car accident and is currently hospitalized in the orthopedics department. If I leave, others will be swamped," Mo Zi comforted him softly on the other side. "I'm just working at my desk every day now, not doing any legwork. What could go wrong?"

"Alright," Mo Xi reluctantly agreed, muttering to himself, "Can't your department hire more people..."

"Exactly," Xiao Jun appeared on the screen, showing half of his face, and chimed in, "Does your department only lack one pregnant woman?"

"Alright, forget it. We have to go for a checkup," Mo Zi interrupted their conversation, placing her hand on the chair's armrest, preparing to get up. Continuing the conversation would turn into Mo Xi and Xiao Jun criticizing the hospital's policies.

Mo Xi nodded, stuffed another piece of potato chip into his mouth, and said, "Oh, by the way, sis, I transferred ten thousand to your Alipay. Remember to check."

Mo Zi, who was about to stand up, sat back down again, looking displeased. "You're still a student, why are you transferring money?"

"I've been taking some freelance jobs lately," Mo Xi winked at her, "And it's for my little niece, not for you."

"You..." Mo Zi wanted to say something, but the video call was abruptly cut off on the other end, not giving her a chance to refuse.

Ah, little brother has grown up. He's becoming more and more independent in his thinking. She couldn't argue with him anymore.

Mo Zi stood up and gave a helpless smile to Xiao Jun.

"Xiao Xi cares about you, why do you look so unhappy?" Xiao Jun didn't understand.

Mo Zi sighed. "I'm afraid he'll be too tired. His temper..."