1- insight

hi guys, I just wanted to say that this is my first story I'm publishing. It's all banter no seriousness. There is no intention to sexualize anyone (me personally makes me feel uncomfortable) so if you're looking for smut, this isn't the right story. Please bear in mind that I'm still learning so do trust the process as it does get better. Thanks for pressing this story hope you enjoy <3
__________

⚠️WARNING⚠️ mentions of depression, suicide and ig parental issues???😭⚠️

Throughout the years, high school was always hard for me. I mean it wasn't entirely awful but it was mentally exhausting. I did have friends if you were thinking otherwise, but they weren't the friends that you naturally click with. I was just there around them. I did have 2 "naturally clicked" ones though, but in other schools. Talia, who I've met 4 years ago and Renee who I've met 7 years ago. They were the only reason why I somehow I enjoyed life. Even though I rarely saw them but simply talking to them was enough.

I wasnt your over achiever type of student, I wasn't exactly smart either but everyone around me said so but I just didn't have the dedication to reach my potential. My focus was elsewhere rather than school apparently but they don't see how much I try. No matter how hard I try it's just never enough and it's not like I can let it go because it's my education I'm talking about not some boyfriend.

It was the last summer before I head off to uni in Barcelona. I couldn't wait because I have worked so hard and done everything I could to get into this university. I've lost touch with some of my friendships, I've barely went out, my head was always in books but that's life. It's not like I'm going to see these people in the future, I hope not. But it paid off and that's what matters.

(Sorry if this is a bit boring I promise it'll become interesting soon xoxo)

Present day:

I've said my goodbyes to my family and dog, Leo. The past few days haven't felt real and nothings settled in. It finally hit me today that i was going to be living alone in a different country where I've never been to and have to live continuously like that. I won't wake up to the sound of my mum vacuuming while I'm trying to sleep or my dads blender noises making his weird random combination fruit milkshakes. My sister, Liana, already left for uni 3 years ago so it's been quiet.

It was a 8 hour flight from home, dubai to Barcelona. It was exhausting. I never really liked flights because they just always made me feel dirty and icky and tired even though I'd usually fly business. I'm not spoilt though I only spend this much on long hauls.

The driver reached my destination and helped me unload my bags from the van. I offered to help but he declined. I didn't know much Spanish and didn't need to because my course was in English but I tried learning because I was living here and wanted to respect the country after all. So because I was raised right the words "Muchas gracias" left my mouth with a gentle smile. I tipped him and he left.

My apartment was beautiful. I mean I never saw it in real life before I bought it so I was scared I'd get scammed but wow.

 I mean I never saw it in real life before I bought it so I was scared I'd get scammed but wow