35

It's been 2 years now, since I've left barcelona. A lot of things changed. I made new friends but Renee was still irreplaceable. I bought my own place even though I still had that one in Barcelona. It was nicer here. Me and jude started dating. We slowed it though. He understood me. He was the same person I fell in love with once. The only person who knew about this relationship besides renee was gavi.
I just realized the more I got to know him, the more I liked him. Gavi was a bit confused when he found out but I don't blame him.

I actually missed gavi. So I decided to visit Barcelona. Plus i haven't seen my house in a long time. I needed to take care of it. I asked renee and jude to come fly out with me. They said yeah. Renee suggested we take the speed train there since it's only an hour. So I said why not. We left tonight.

________

I packed enough clothes for a few weeks which maybe wasn't the smartest idea but oh well. It was a few minutes to 8 and I knew gavi finished training hours ago. I wanted to surprise him.

Gaviii

Holaaa pablito, ¿estás libre ahora?
(Hi, are you free now)

Hola 👋, si para qué
(yes for what)

I ordered some plants a few weeks ago, it needs watering. Could you please please please please go water them.

Oh. Vale, no te preocupes, lo haré
(okay dw i Will)

Thank you so much gavi

No hay problema
But how will I get in?

There's a key with the guard. Ill tell him to give it to you.

Vale vale

________

Truth was, I was already home. I just wanted to surprise him when he opened the door. I actually did clean up a bit and ordered some of his favorite sweets. He liked chewy gummies.

Soon enough the guard called me and told me he was coming up. The guard, Lloris, was on my side. I quickly switched off the lights and went and hid in the hallway next to the door. The keys were dangling and finally after about like a minute he opened the door.

"Boo" I say to spook him a bit.
He actually jumped and went backwards.
For a second he tried figuring out who it was and then immediately jumped to hug me.

"Amara" he said hugging me tightly.
"Pablito" I say hugging him back.
"¿Qué estás haciendo aquí? (Whatre you doing here?)" he asked still hugging me.
"I just wanted to see you" I said trying to breathe. He finally let go. "I got your favorite" I say turning to the kitchen. He looked confused. "Huh? Que?" He says following me. I then hand him the little basket of treats to clear the confusion. He smiles. It was that smile of his that warmed my heart. I don't care what anybody said about this man, whenever he smiled like that, it could truly cure someone's depression. Because of that smile, I got an urge to just hug him for a minute. I swear i loved that smile more than anything.

"Are you okay? Why are you voluntarily hugging me?" He said slightly laughing while hugging me back. "Te extrañé mucho (I missed you a lot)" I whisper to him but loud enough for him to hear properly. "Yo también belleza" he says rubbing my back and kissing my hair.

We finally sit down at the couch. "So how long are you staying?" He asked while opening one of the sweets. "I'm planning for a week or two then I'll see if I should return to madrid" I reply fixing my nail. "What do you mean you'll see? Don't you have uni?" He asked biting into the gummy. "Yeah but i can transfer, i like both cities honestly" I reply. "Well personally I think you should come back" he says putting his hands up in defense. "If I move back, don't worry you'll be my number 1 reason to" I say laughing. He laughs too then asks, "So how's everything with jude?". "Fine you know, but I'm starting to think being in a relationship with him was a wrong move" I say throwing my head back on the couch. "How so?" He asked curiously. "Don't get me wrong, Jude's a nice guy, but maybe he was only meant for the past and not the future. I just don't see him as someone I can settle with" I reply looking at him who's looking intently at me. "I agree. I don't like jude. He did you wrong back then and he is not worth it. You can do much better pequeña" he said gently patting my leg in support. "Yeah, well, I'll see" I say leaning on his shoulder.

We sat there in silence. Minutes turned into hours. I almost fell asleep when I got a call from jude. Gavi woke up because of the call as I put it on speaker by accident.

Jude

Hey, are you busy now?

Hey, I'm just meeting with gavi. Why?

Oh, just wondering. Me and Renee were just shopping and were wondering if you wanted to join.

I'm pretty tired honestly, but you can come back when you'd like.

Oh alright. I'll see you in a bit. Bye, love you.

Bye jude.

______

I told Renée to be out for a few hours to let me catch up with gavi. She understood and didn't feel offended. After all her and jude were staying at mine. I didn't know how to tell jude to let me stay alone with gavi because of me and Gavis past. So renee thankfully got the hint and convinced him. I wasn't doing anything wrong I just wanted to be alone with gavi. It would've been awkward if jude was here.

"I'll head out, let you settle in peacefully" he says getting off the couch. I smile and nod lightly. "I'll see you first thing in the morning, be ready, I'm picking you up at 8.30" he says while putting his shoes on. "What? Whatre we doing?" I say putting my hands on my hips confused. "Well first, I'm taking you somewhere familiar, then I'll take you out for brunch" he says now standing straight. "And where is this familiar place?" I ask curiously. "You'll see, just be ready. We have to reach there exactly at 9" he says almost out the door. "Bye gavi" I say. "I'm serious Amara. 8.30" he replies pressing the elevators button. I shake my head and head inside.