the party and the afterparty

tonight was the welcome home party. Gavi texted me all the details and the invites. I decided to wear something cute and simple. Renee was already getting ready in the guest room, I know this because of the raging loud music. Jude was in the shower and I was doing my hair. Finally after 2 hours the look ended like this.

 Finally after 2 hours the look ended like this

I felt good because I looked good. Renee was already done and had sat at the couches. I joined her while waiting for jude. He was putting on cologne when he said to leave. We did. On thé ride, i got a call from gavi.

"Hey Amara"
"Hi gavi"
"Are you on your way?"
"Yeah we just left"
"Oh okay"
"Why"
"Just a question but don't get mad"
"What is it gavi"
"How angry or hurt are you by pedri?"
"What?"
"Whatre your feelings towards him?"
"Neutral"
"So would you be mad or hurt if he happened to be at the party?"
"What? Why?"
"It wasn't planned I swear Amara. I promised you. He came over because he wanted to see me and I didn't have my phone to answer him so he just showed up. And now he's seen the whole set up. I cant kick him out it's my best friend"
"Did you tell him who the party was for?"
"Yeah"
"And he still stayed?"
"Amara, even if he says he isn't, he's still in love with you"
"Oh"
"Ill see you in a few gavi"

.....

We reached Gavis house. Still the same as that night I first met him and all his friends. I ring the doorbell and we wait. I could already hear the loud music playing from inside. "Estás aquí!" Gavi says opening the door. "Si pablito" I say hugging him back. "Renee!" He says also hugging her. "Jude" he says nodding this time.

Jude and gavi never really got along. From either side. I'm not sure what the exact reason was but maybe my story about me and judes past had something to do with gavi not liking him.

I was proud of gavi. He honestly managed to invite people I knew and not randoms. I'm also surprised they came and remembered me. If I'm honest, they probably just came because he invited them. "Te ves muy bonita (You look really pretty)" he whispers into my ear before introducing me to my former uni friends.

"Adrianna! Isa!" I say hugging the two. "Te voy a matar ( I'm gonna kill you)" isa said jokingly. "¿Cómo pudiste dejarme? (How could you leave me?)" she says folding her arms. "Lo siento" i say hugging her again. Isa was my favorite uni friend. I'm happy we still kept in touch as well as keeping the same energy even after this gap.

Midst conversation with a few other people from uni, I spotted him. Standing there, next to the kitchen counter. He wasn't talking to anybody, not that he could. But I did notice a few girls try to approach him. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit jealous. I knew that he was very attractive but still. Why did other people have to feel the same way?

I was a bit parched so I had to wait til he left the kitchen to go get a drink. As soon as he left, I went. It was 9 pm at this point. As I got a water bottle, I turned around to find him standing on the opposite side of the kitchen island. I was a bit startled. "So you're back. For good?" He asked raising his eyebrows. "Not sure yet" i say keeping my composure.