25

It's been 6 months since pedri asked me to be his girlfriend. I'm surprised we passed the 3 month test. School hasn't been as terrible and my life was actually going well. Pedri was coming over tonight. Renee was already here since she arrived last night.

I opened the door and there he was. I still remember the first time he came over, he looked just as beautiful. "Hola amor" he said while placing soft kisses on my cheek. "Careful, Renee's here" I say slightly laughing. "Oh she's here?" He asks surprised. "Yeah she came last night".

"Hola Renee" he says hugging her lightly leaving space in between them. "Hola pedri".

"So i wanted to ask you something" pedri says. "Yeah?" I reply. "Baldes throwing a small gathering at his house, he invited me and said I could bring whoever. And since I'd really like you to come" he says. "Can Renee come?" I ask. "Yeah of course, ale's chill" he says. "Okay then we can go" I say fidgeting with his fingers. "When is it?" I ask. "Tomorrow night".

__________

NEXT DAY:

Me and Renee were getting ready when the music got interrupted by a call. It was pedri saying he was down.

We reached after 20 minutes

We reached after 20 minutes. We all greeted Balde and the others who were there. I was stepping back from the hug I just gave rapinhas wife when I saw him. He was just standing from a distance with a drink in his hand, my take is water, staring right at me. He does that until pedri goes up to him and greets him. He shifts his gaze to pedri now.

It's been an hour into this party and I decided to go get some tissues from the downstairs kitchen. I was trying to reach the top shelf when I felt a hand touching my lower back lightly and the other up on the shelf.

"Thank you" I said appreciatively.

He smiles. It was gavi.

"How long are you gonna tell yourself I'm a distraction?" He asks with furrowed brows.

"What?" I asked confused

"Cmon Amara, we both know that there's something between us. You can't deny it." he said stepping closer slowly.

"Gavi, stop. I'm happy with pedri" I say stepping away forming space.

"But does he make you truly happy?" he asked looking intently into my eyes.

I left. He knew he still had some power over me and was using it. I don't like gavi. And I definitely won't ever, especially not after this. I needed to find pedri.

I rushed through almost every place but not looking desperately, just curiously. I finally reach the terrace rooftop and find him with a few guys. I couldn't tell you who they were because I've never seen them. It's normal because I barely know alot of people in his life. He was standing there with a juice-like drink in his hand lightly laughing with them.

3rd person pov:

It was good he had physical distance between him and his friends because when she hugged him close, the air around didn't feel compressive. "Hey, woah what's wrong?" he asked while rubbing her head and hugging her. "Nothing I just wanted to be near you" she said still holding onto him.

He excuses himself from his conversation and leads them to a private place. "Amara, what's wrong?" he asked trying to get her to look at him but she wouldn't budge. She just stayed stuck onto his chest. He then finds a nearby bench and gently seats her onto his lap. He started kissing her hair while slowly rubbing her back to relax her.

She loved being in his presence, whether it was in silence or not. Him being near was all she needed.

She finally spoke "Te quiero tanto. Me haces tan feliz y nunca quiero que esto termine nunca ( I love you so much. You make me so happy and I never want this to end ever)" and said this while laying her head onto his frontal shoulder.

"wow, whatever happened was that bad? you just said you loved me for the first time" he says laughing slightly. Instead of a snarky comeback, she places a soft kiss on his jawline. "On a serious note, Amara, I truly love you. You're my favorite person and my top priority before anything. I cant imagine my life without you" he says softly stroking her cheek.

The two young lovers left the party after comforting each other in their presences. They left saying goodbye to mostly everyone but Amara indirectly insisted they leave before saying goodbye to gavi. He didn't get the hint and went on and did so. Amara excused herself to go find something that was apparently lost just to avoid gavi.

Thankfully she came back at the perfect moment as they were done and she was waiting at the door. It's not that Amara was avoiding him because she had feelings for him, it was just that she felt disgusted with him. Betraying his best friend like that as well as pushing himself onto her. Truth was, she liked gavi in a platonic way. She really did. But her feelings for him changed right after tonight.