7 - self sabotage

I woke up to the sound of someone calling my phone. It was gavi. I checked and he had called 8 times. I called him back.

"Hi, you called?"
"Hey, yeah uh me and a few friends are heading down to the beach in a bit and I was wondering if you could come? I know you're busy with school and stuff but I promi-"

I cut him off because it was adorable he was trying to reason with me.

"Yes, I'll go" I say smiling through the phone.

"Great I'll pick u up at 4?"
"See you then gavi"
"Bye Amara"

I didn't think this through. Beach means bikini. I don't like wearing skin revealing clothes much. I'm very insecure about my body. Stretch marks, old scars from sports, not the best body shape but now I have no choice. I didn't want to show much so I chose to wear this and I didn't even have time to buy a swimsuit so I had to wear one from when I was younger.

  I didn't want to show much so I chose to wear this and I didn't even have time to buy a swimsuit so I had to wear one from when I was younger

(minus the bag)

And for makeup and hair, I let my hair natural and light makeup.

(Her hairs naturally wavy/curly)

it was now 3.47 and I got a call from gavi that he was down. I wasnt ready yet because I spent half the time contemplating whether I should even go. So I told him to come upstairs. I answered the door and he saw that I was clearly a mess. "You look..." he was tryna say something. "Like a mess I know" I said now rushing to close the door. "What? No I was gonna say really pretty" he said looking confused. "Shutup Omg" I said rushing to my room. He followed me in. My room was a big mess. I quickly finished my makeup and put on my bikini and wore a cover up on my top and bottom.

We reached the beach and met up with sira, ferran, mikky , frenkie, balde, ansu, pedri and some other girls who were friends with them. We all said our hi's. I don't know if I'm being dramatic but the way pedri gripped onto my waist while hugging me did something for me. I stayed calm obviously and acted like that happened on the regular so I didn't look like a weirdo.

Soon enough we all gathered around and talked. We played games. It was now a turn of getting to know me.

"So tell us about yourself" ferran said
"Okay mr. Interviewer, what would you like to know" I replied sarcastically.
"Well, where you from, what life was like growing up for you, your friends, why you're in Spain"