30

It was the day of Ferrans birthday. It was 5 pm. I needed to start getting ready. I already knew what I wanted to wear and how to do my makeup, I just needed to start doing it. I had already went to the gym this morning so I showered. I still felt a bit dirty so I showered again 15 minutes ago.

It was now 7.40 and pedri was coming at 8.20. I had a good 40 minutes to finish up. I was finishing my hair when I got a call from pedri.

"Hola, are you ready?"
"Yeah almost. You can come up and wait if you'd like"
"Vale, I'll see you in a few"

I finally finished the look. I do feel a bit overdressed for it but oh well.

The dress seemed short but it was long enough to cover the areas that needed covering

The dress seemed short but it was long enough to cover the areas that needed covering. I was spraying perfume when the doorbell rang. I open it up to pedri. He was wearing black, well-fitted jeans and a black AMI shirt. I loved it. It's actually nice how we coordinated unknowingly.

"Hola" I say softly letting him in. "Estás preciosa" he says looking me up and down. "Tú también" i say slightly blushing. After a few minutes of doing last minute checks, we headed down to his car. He still opened the door for me. "Gracias" I say. He smiled.

The drive there was quiet. But comfortable. I hated this. I didn't like being awkward with pedri. I needed to fix this but I didn't know how. I hope this party fixes it itself.

We were 8 minutes away according to the gps when he said, "we still haven't spoken about it". I turn to look at him and ask, "what's there to talk about". "Jude and you not being comfortable about telling him you're in a relationship with me". "Pedri-". "Im not saying we talk about this now. Let's have a good time and we can talk about it after" he says pulling up to valet. Instead of replying I just look out the window.

We enter after giving valet the keys and we find ferran and them sitting in an open seated area. "Pedri" he yells out walking towards him. They hug and he then greets me with a light hug, "hola Amara". "Feliz cumpleaños ferran" i say hugging him back. "Gracias gracias, ven" he says smiling and leading us to the group. Somehow I manage to immediately spot gavi.

We say hi to everyone and take our seats. Before I could find a place to sit, pedri holds my hand and indicates to sit next to him. And so I do. As I was sat and pedri talking to everyone there, he placed his hand on my thigh, high up. I didn't mind. But I was a bit parched. So I whispered to him that I was going to get water. He nodded and pulled his hand away.

As I reached the counter I ordered a water in room temperature and sat and started to drink it. Honestly sitting alone when you're outside in a loud environment with people, actually helped me ease decision making. I started contemplating everything from my future in education to my future with pedri. It felt wrong to question either but I still did it.

"Hola" said by gavi is what brought me back to reality. "Oh, hola gavi" i say smiling slightly. "¿Estás bien?" He asked sincerely. "Si si, gracias" I reply. "¿Estás seguro? (Are you sure)" he followed up. "Siiiii" I say now smiling to assure him. "It's been a long time" he says standing comfortably next to me now. "Yeah it has actually" I reply looking up next to me at him.