sick

it's been a few days since our relationship ended. It's been a bit hard I'll be honest. But thankfully I always prepare myself for things like this. It's sad because I know he's right. What kind of a person prepares themselves for a breakup if they want to stay in it? I haven't really talked to anyone much and thank god i didn't have to face anyone because I had a holiday from uni. I knew the only way to actually get over him was to cut him off everywhere but how can I cut him off when I live in a city that screams his name.

I'm surprised he still follows me. I've seen tabloids online with headings like "YOUNG LOVE IN TROUBLE? AS AMARA MARTINEZ UNFOLLOWS BOYFRIEND OR NOW EX BOYFRIEND, PEDRI,  ON SOCIAL MEDIA" or "WHEN THINGS FALL APART: ARE AMARA MARTINEZ AND PEDRI OVER?". It felt so real and disgusting. I was still a bit raw from our argument but it's okay things go on.

I got a lot of messages from friends and family asking about what happened, because it's not usual for a girlfriend to unfollow her boyfriend. So finally I decided to answer some of them. I answered my family and Renee and talia. I told Renée i wanted to see her and she said she couldn't come over because of school so I asked to go over instead. She obviously said yes. As I was packing I got a text from gavi. Siri read my text aloud so I had no choice to ignore it.

"Hey, I heard what happened. Are you okay?"
Obviously I wasn't okay. But he doesn't need to know.

"Hey, yeah I'm fine thanks for asking" I reply.

"¿Estás seguro? Puedes ser honesto conmigo (Are you sure? You can be honest with me)"

"I'm okay gavi. Don't worry"

"Do you wanna hangout? For fun?"

"I can't. I have a flight to catch"

"Que??? A dónde??"

"Madrid"

"Por que? Por pedri?"

"No no. Mi elección"

"Oh. Have a safe flight. Don't hesitate to text if you need anything. Take care Amara"

"Gracias gavi"

__________

Gavis pov:

I knew even though they broke up that they still cared for each other. So I texted Amara to check up on her. I happened to check up on her the same time pedri was in the changing room with me. "You're pretty distracted, who are you talking to?" He says. "No one" I say looking up. "dime" he says coming towards me trying to look at my screen. "Bien, Amara" I say looking at him whose face was now straight rather than the smiley face he had a second ago. "Feliz?" I say standing up. "How is she?" He asks facing the wall packing his bag.

"She says she's fine". -"that's good" - "she's going to Madrid tonight"- "huh for what?" He asks turning around looking confused. "She says it's because she's changing her school location. She's moving to madrid" I say reading aloud being shocked as well.

"Que?" He asks coming towards me. "No lo sé" I say raising my shoulders just as confused as him. A minute later he sits down on the bench and takes out his phone and starts typing. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Texting her" he replies not looking up from the screen. "Didn't she remove you off of everything" I ask confused. "No not everything" he says slightly smirking. I go sit with him to see what he's planning on doing.  He went on her chat. He still didn't change her name.

Mi vida ❤️

Amara, are you moving to madrid?

A few minutes later, still no response. "She's not answering" he says looking to me. "Maybe she's busy" I say trying to ease the situation. "Yeah busy packing for another life gavi" he says getting up. "You text her" he says. "Fine" I reply opening my phone again.

Amara

Amara
Are you actually moving to madrid?

Whyd you tell him

Because you're both still in love

Stop it

Amara please don't do this. Don't make irrational decisions

It's not irrational. I've decided since a long time.

Send me your flight number

No

Amara please

Gavi you're not changing my mind.

I know I can't but please let me talk to you one last time at least.

Fine. It's SM98765

I'll see you there.

Don't bring pedri. I cant see him right now.
*delivered*

I knew what the last message would be but I still ignored it. As much as I liked Amara, I knew her heart belonged to pedri. And I couldn't just stand here and let them fall apart like this. They needed each other. I've never seen anyone of them be more happy than they were when they were together. They were soulmates. Even if they broke up, they were meant to be. So I immediately told pedri the airport name and we rushed to the airport.

We reached after 20 minutes. Thankfully her boarding time was later at night so we weren't late. I called her to let her know I was there. She asked if pedri was with me and I said no. I told him to go to a distance and hide a bit so if she could see me while on the phone, she'd know he wasn't with me. Soon enough I saw her and there she was. Still looking as beautiful as the first time I saw her at that restaurant when she looked up at me. Shame we didn't work out.

"Amara" I say going in for a hug. She didn't say anything. But she hugged me back. Her eyes were red and puffy, guessing she was crying. She smiles lowly. "Don't hate me" I say nervously stepping away and letting pedri come in. She looked confused til she saw him. "Gavi" she tries saying before I leave.

Amaras pov:

He looked a bit tired. He still looked really good, still gave me butterflies. I had to be better than this. I try turning around and walking the other way when he says, "Wait Amara, please". His voice still being my favorite sound. I eventually turn around to face him again.

"Are you actually moving to madrid?" He asks coming closer. "Yes" I say not looking at him. "Why?" He asks almost closing the space between us. "It's for the better" I reply still facing down. "Please look at me, what's the actual reason you're leaving?" He says trying to lift my face up to face him. The flinch I make indicates I don't want to be touched by him. I see his face change into a concerned face and pulls his hand back. I take a step back to form the space that was needed, "it's better this way" I say before smiling softly to gavi before walking to the gate. And that was the last time I saw him.

I knew I still loved him, with everything inside of me. You don't choose who you love. But sometimes you have to give up the things you love for something better. Maybe it shouldn't have ended like this, but it happened. If we're meant to be, it'll be.