Kirishima x Mina

~•~❤️~•~

Kirishima's POV:

I woke and instantly knew something was off. Not with my surroundings, but with me. I reluctantly got out of bed and trudged over to the supply cabinet in the common room to grab a thermometer. After a minute I checked my temperature and groaned.

Yep, I had a fever.

I went back to the cabinet and grabbed some medicine. Today was an important day at school, we were working on our special moves, so there was no way I was missing it.

I took some medicine and hoped noone would notice that I was slightly paler or warmer than usual.

"You ok, Kiri? You look a little sick..." said Mina as I walked into the common room.

I guess it was more obvious than I thought. Oh well, fake it till you make it I guess.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little... hot." I said nervously.

She looked like she didn't believe me but didn't press the matter.

~•~❤️~•~

Mina's POV:

I didn't believe Kirishima when he said he was fine, but I didn't say anything.

I just hoped he didn't overwork himself if he actually was sick.

"Do you want to walk to school together?" I asked the redhead cheerfully. I needed to keep a close eye on him, just in case.

"Sure!" he replied.

We walked out the dorm room building together, talking about Aizawa's insanely hard homework. I decided to comment on his complection to see if he would come clean and admit he should stay at home and rest.

"So, Kirishima" I started "You look a little pale today. And you're sweating when it's chilly outside."

"I, um, have a lot of layers on." he said, avoiding eye contact.

"Ok..."

That was the lamest excuse I've ever heard, but if he refused to admit he was sick, let him suffer the consequences.

~•~❤️~•~

Kirishima's POV:

I sat down, hoping I would feel better later, but honestly it just got worse.

I was either hot or cold, constantly shivering and now I had a slight headache.

But if anyone noticed, they didn't say anything, which was good, because our next class was hero training and I was NOT going to miss it because of some silly little fever.

"Hey, bro, could I borrow today's notes?" asked Denki, coming up to my desk, a cheerful smile on his face.

"S-sure!" I said through chattering teeth, suddenly feeling cold.

"Um... you ok, bro?" Denki said uncertainly, watching me shiver in the warm classroom.

"Yeah. I just, um... drank some really cold water just now...?" I answered, equally uncertain.

"Oh, ok! Just don't get sick!"

"R-Right..."

Thank god Denki was stupid. I passed him the notes and he thanked me and left.

~•~❤️~•~

I walked over to the place in the wall where my hero costume was and took it out, before following the other guys to the locker room to get changed.