Shinso x (neko) reader

My first request yaaaaaaay!!!!! Thank you so much, Sl33pd3pr1v3dS1mp, for this amazing idea!!! I hope you enjoy this!❤️

~•~❤️~•~

Your POV:

I sat in the stands, watching Shinso's and Midoriya's battle with baited breath.

It seemed like Shinso had it in the bag- Midoriya was brainwashed and already walking towards the boundary.

My tail twitched in excitement. There was no way Shinso could lose- with such an amazing and powerful quirk, it seemed impossible that Midoriya could defeat him.

But then why did I have a bad feeling about it?

I gasped along with everyone else in the stands as, somehow, Midoriya snapped out of it. He was right in front of the white line that, if he had crossed it, Shinso would have won. But he didn't. He stopped walking and not a moment too soon.

While most people cheered as Midoriya won the battle, some, me among them, were sad that Shinso had lost. I admired him for his resolve, that he didn't give up on his dream of being a hero, even when people told him that his quirk was 'villainous'.

Even though we were in different classes, I saw him sometimes in the halls. I always wanted to talk to him, but I was too shy. In fact, I don't even know if he knows I exist.

But that didn't matter- he tried his best and for that, I will always cheer him on.

~•~❤️~•~*time skiiiiiiiip

"Class, please welcome our new student. He's transferring from the general studies course. Most of you probably know him- Hitoshi Shinso."

My eyes widened as Mr Aizawa introduced class 1-a's newest addition. I had seen him training with Mr Aizawa once but thought nothing of it. I never imagined that he would be put into our class.

Shinso gave one lazy wave to the class, scanning each of our faces as he did so. It could have been my imagination, but I thought I saw his eyes rest on me for a second longer than everyone else's. Well, my ears to be exact.

Shinso took his seat at the back of the class and Aizawa started the lesson.

~•~❤️~•~

As time passed, my hallway crush on Shinso grew into something more.

Countless times I wanted to approach him but my shy nature prevented me from speaking to him. I got nervous every time I said so much as 'good morning'.

I did catch him looking at my ears and tail a few times though. It was a little weird, but I thought nothing of it.

During lunch break one day, I saw him sitting alone. He always sat by himself, but I was feeling extra brave today, so I decided to ask if I could sit with him:

"H-hey, Shinso. C-can I sit here?" I asked him anxiously.

"Sure." he answered, barely glancing up from his tray of food.

I sat down across from him and started eating in silence. I glanced up at him a few times, desperately wanting to make conversation, but my shyness prevented me from saying anything.

"What's your quirk?" Shinso said suddenly "I can see that it's something feline related, but what all can you do?"

Glad that he had broken the awkward silence, I replied:

"Basically, I can do anything a cat can do. I've got retractable claws and I'm pretty stealthy." I explained, surprised by how steady my voice was.

Shinso nodded thoughtfully but didn't say anything else.