Kirishima x reader (with braces)

In the beginning of this oneshot, reader will be insecure about her smile. But all of you lovely people with braces are beautiful, so just ignore reader's self doubt, ok?❤️❤️❤️

~•~❤️~•~

Your POV:

I woke up early on a Wednesday morning and got ready for school. While I was I brushing my hair, I frowned slightly as I gazed at my reflection.

I bared my teeth to get a better view of my braces. I quickly closed my mouth, insecure of the way they looked on me.

Sighing, I put the brush down and picked up my f/c backpack. I left the house and started to make my way to UA.

Soon I arrived at the large school and walked into my classroom, 1-a. I greeted my closest friends, Kirishima, Mina, Denki, Sero, Jiro and, although he wouldn't admit it, Bakugo.

Just a normal day at school.

Our first lesson was math with Ectoplasm. Boring, per usual. I took notes, solved problems and soon the lesson was over.

During break, I sat on Mina's desk, surrounded by the rest of the Bakusquad.

As Denki made some kind of immature joke, I laughed, subconsciously covering my mouth as I did so. After getting braces, I'd become insecure of my smile and had started to cover my mouth with my hand ever since.

It was a bad habit, but it was better than showing people my ugly smile...
(ur smile is gorgeous but I needed to add that for plot<3)

~•~❤️~•~

Kirishima's POV:

I frowned as Y/N covered her mouth while she laughed at Denki's stupid jokes.

It annoyed my whenever she always hid her smile as if she thought it was ugly.

I used to do that in the beginning of middle school because I didn't like my sharp teeth. But then I had made some amazing friends that assured me that they thought my pointy teeth looked cool and manly.

And ever since I haven't covered up my smile. Maybe Y/N just needs someone to do the same thing for her...

~•~❤️~•~

Your POV:

I noticed Kirishima frown slightly as I laughed. My heart sank. Maybe my smile really was hard to look at. My laughter quickly subsided and I closed my lips to hide my teeth.

Kirishima had such cool teeth and an amazing confident smile. Why couldn't I be more like him?

"Is something wrong, Y/N?" asked Jiro, noticing my sudden change of emotion.

"Hmm? No of course not!" I said quickly, waving my arms. I forced a closed mouth smile and they seemed to believe me.

If only I didn't have these stupid braces, maybe I could be like them. Confident, beautiful, happy...

I shook my head. I was overreacting. They were just braces!

Then why did I always cover them up?

I sighed. I couldn't wait to get these things off.

~•~❤️~•~

Kirishima's POV:

I waited nervously for Y/N to finish talking to Sero so that I could ask her something.

"Oh, hey, Kirishima!" she greeted, turning towards me "Can I help you with anything?"

"Um, yes, actually, I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere after school." I said, hoping I didn't sound as nervous as I felt.