Fatgum x reader (Thanksgiving special)

Writing this the morning of lol

A little luv for everyone's favorite chonky boi<333

P.S. I burnt the apple pie:(

~•~❤️~•~

No one's POV:

Thanksgiving was one day away. Your boyfriend, Fatgum, was japanese, meaning he had never celebrated Thanksgiving before.

But you were about to change that.

The two of you were pro heroes which meant that you didn't have very much free time, but you were determined to show him the true taste of Thanksgiving- pumpkin pie, turkey, mashed potatoes and more.

Because of his quirk, he had to eat a lot, so the two of you enjoyed baking together whenever you got the chance. And since a food-filled holiday was right around the corner, it was the perfect time to show Fatgum Thanksgiving in all it's delicious glory.

"Hey, Taishiro, do you want to help me make some traditional American thanksgiving food?" you asked once the two of you were home from work.

"Of course!" he said enthusiastically.

"Right! We'll start with the pumpkin pie. I've already bought all the ingredients, so grab an apron and let's get started!"

~•~❤️~•~

"Now we add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice." you instructed as Taishiro sprinkled the said spice into the batter.

"Mix than in while I roll out the dough." you told him.

The two of you worked on the pie all morning while the turkey cooked. Then you made creamy mashed potatoes, green beans and rolls.

You had a great time cooking with Taishiro (Fatgum) and all the while you were telling him about some of your favorite dishes back in America.

While it was just an ordinary day for the rest of Japan, you and Fatgum celebrated Thanksgiving in your cozy apartment.

It didn't take long for the whole place to start smelling heavenly. Taishiro's mouth watered at the unfamiliar, yet delicious scents wafting from the oven.

Once the Thanksgiving feast was finally finished, the two of you set the table and  sat down. Normally, all of this food would be enough for a family of six, but when you were dating the pro hero Fatgum, there were never leftovers.

"Thank you for the food!" the two of you said in unison like you did before every meal (but this time you were extra grateful).

"Does your family have any Thanksgiving traditions?" asked Taishiro with a mouth full of masked potatoes.

"Um... not really. We mostly just spend time together as a family and eat. Lots." you smiled, remembering the feeling of coming home from grandma's house, stuffed to the brim with good food "But we should start one! The two of us!"

"That's a great idea!" agreed Taishiro "How about we each say ten things we're grateful for?"

"Ok!" you said "Let's see... I'm grateful for... My family, you, our house, my job, my friends, my dog, this town, myself and this food!"

"I'm thankful for..." started Taishiro "Tokoyaki, dango, mochi, rice, noodles, masked potatoes, my family, my job, you and Thanksgiving!"

"Of course six out of ten were food!" you laughed.

The two of you managed to eat all of the food on the table, enjoying every last bite while you talked about things you were thankful for and random things that happened that week.

Even though nobody else was celebrating that day, you and Taishiro had the best Thanksgiving ever.

~•~❤️~•~

A/n

Yas I know it's super short but it is Thanksgiving after all and I have pies to make.

In the country I currently live in (I was born in Nashville, Tennessee) people don't celebrate Thanksgiving so it's just going to be my immediate family eating a nice supper together tonight.

But I'm still very thankful! I hope you guys all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, whether you celebrate it or not!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🥧