Kirishima x reader

~•~❤️~•~

Your POV:

I sat at our usual lunch table, laughing along with the rest of the Bakusquad at Denki's dumb jokes.

Though I chatted animatedly with Mina, my attention never left Kirishima.

He was my boyfriend of almost a year and I could tell when something was wrong.

He had a smile on his face and was talking normally with Sero, but when he thought no one was looking, the smile slid off his face and was replaced with a pained expression.

He tried to hide it, because 'being weak' wasn't 'manly'. I knew he would eventually open up to me, but I also knew that he was hurting inside.

I didn't want to rush him, but he couldn't keep it in for much longer. This fake act of being unshakable and tough that he was putting up for other's sake and covering up his true feelings with a smile.

I sighed, hoping that he would tell me when he was ready and that he knew I would always be there for him.

~•~❤️~•~

Kirishima's POV:

Things have been hard for me lately.

The stress of training, along with other things, is becoming a little too much at the moment.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm at my breaking point. Like I'm at a dead end and there's no way out.

But I bottled it all up and put a fake smile on my face so my friends can't tell what I'm going through.

I have to be tough and manly. For them.

But I didn't know how much longer I could take it without support. Secretly, I longed for comfort. For someone to lean on. But I had to be someone for others to lean on. I had to be manly and not show my real emotions.

Sometimes, all I wanted to do was break down into Y/N's arms and cry while she told me everything was going to be all right.

But I couldn't do that. I had to be strong.

~•~❤️~•~

Your POV:

I began to think that Kirishima wasn't going to open up to me. That he really was just going to push all of his negative emotions down and push through it without support.

I needed to know that he could trust me. I wanted to comfort him, if only he would let me.

So I waited in his dorm for him the next day after school.

He had agreed to do some extra training with Midoriya, so that Midoriya could practice some moves on him without injuring him.

If only Kirishima knew that it was ok to say no sometimes, that he deserved a break and that he didn't have to help everyone with everything.

But I thought that, maybe, if I waited for him in his dorm, after a long day of training, he would finally let me help him.

Maybe he would finally tell me all about his troubles while I held him in my arms.

Maybe, since there was nobody around and it was just us, he would let down his guard, if only for a few minutes.

Maybe then, he would realize that it was ok to be weak sometimes. To be held instead of holding on.

~•~❤️~•~

Kirishima's POV:

When Midoriya asked if I wanted to train with him, I couldn't say no.

So, even though I didn't feel like training at all, I sparred with him for an hour.

After that, I made my way back to my dorm, wanting nothing more than to plop down onto my bed.

I was tired and stressed, more so than ever.

I was tempted to visit Y/N in her dorm and tell her all about my problems and troubles, but I didn't want to bother her with that at this hour.

So I trudged up to my dorm and quietly opened the door.

I froze in shock when I saw none other than
Y/N herself sitting on the edge of my bed. Her arms were crossed and she was looking at me with a concerned expression.

Wordlessly, she opened her arms, offering me a hug.

That was just what I needed right now.

I couldn't hold it in for any longer.

I broke down into her arms, tears rolling down my face while she rubbed comforting circles on my back.

I gripped her shirt tightly. After a few minutes, she whispered:

"You can tell me whenever you're ready."

I sniffed and quietly told her about all the stress I've been dealing with and how, overall, I just haven't been having the best week.

She listened without interrupting, silently soothing me all the while.

We stayed like that for a long time, in each other's arms.

After that day, I promised to go to her if I was ever feeling like that again.

She always helped me and gave me strength. She was always there when I needed her, and I for her.

She always made me feel better after I've had a particularly difficult training session or day.

I didn't know what I ever did to deserve her.

~•~❤️~•~

A/n

That's the closest thing to angst you're getting.

I hope you enjoyed something a little bit more emotional. If you ever feel like Kiri in this oneshot, remember, someone is always there for you<333

I love you all so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thanks for reading!

~Nomi the therapist