Oboro x reader (In the stars)

Y'all already know this is gonna be sad😭
Song credits to Benson Boone

~•~💔~•~
Your POV:

I stood in front of the gravestone, staring at the name engraved there. The grave was empty though. The gravestone was there to honor his memory. The police hadn't been able to find his body.

The thought of villains using his body as some sort of nomu crushed me, so I pretended that Oboro really was there, buried under the earth and sleeping peacefully.

I visited his fake grave every Sunday morning.

Sunday mornings were your favorite
I used to meet you down on Woods Creek Road

A sad smile appeared on my lips as I walked down the street we always used to meet up on- me, Hizashi, Shota and him.

I remembered the time it gad started raining and his hair got all wet. It was usually light blue and fluffy but the water had caused it to flatten comically on his face.

The smile slid off my face. I would never hear him laugh like that again.

You did your hair up like you were famous
Even though it's only church where we were goin'

Now, Sunday mornings, I just sleep in
It's like I buried my faith with you
I'm screamin' at a God I don't know if I believe in
'Cause I don't know what else I can do

I pulled out my umbrella as it started to drizzle. Hizashi always hated the rain, because it would ruin his hair. But Oboro didn't mind it- he would make thick fluffy clouds to float over our heads and keep us dry.

Every time I look at the clouds, I think of him.

I'm still holdin' on to everything that's dead and gone

I don't wanna say goodbye, 'cause this one means forever
And now you're in the stars and six-feet's never felt so far
Here I am alone between the heavens and the embers

Oh, it hurts so hard

For a million different reasons

You took the best of my heart And left the rest in pieces

I opened the front door to my house and folded up my umbrella.

As I sat down on my unmade bed, I caught a glimpse of something peaking out from under it.

Curiously, I stood up to see what it was. A fresh tear rolled down my face when I realized- an old box of photos and letters from him. I used to never be able to bring myself to throw them away, and now I was glad that I hadn't.

My heart ached as I looked through them, seeing your face and handwriting.

Diggin' through your old birthday letters

A crumpled 20 still in the box
I don't think that I could ever find a way to spend it
Even if it's the last 20 that I've got, oh

I frowned when I saw a picture of him with that ginger cat he adopted when we were in highschool.

He was so kind and caring, willing to take in a stray kitten without hesitation.

Guilt filled my chest when I thought about that cat now. I wondered how it was doing without him and if anyone was taking care of it.

I had declined the offer to look after it. It would have reminded me too much of him.

I knew I should move on, but I couldn't.

Hizashi and Shota already have. They got jobs teaching at UA and seem to be doing ok.

But I'm not like them. I'm not as strong as them.

How could I ever move on from him?

How could I move on, when I would never hear him laugh again, never make jokes with him, never float around on a cloud with him and plan our future at our own hero agency together with him ever again?

I had loved him.

But now, he was gone forever.

I'm still holdin' on to everything that's dead and gone

I don't wanna say goodbye, 'cause this one means forever
And now you're in the stars and six-feet's never felt so far
Here I am alone between the heavens and the embers

Oh, it hurts so hard

For a million different reasons

You took the best of my heart And left the rest in pieces.

~•~💔~•~