Chapter 1

Daniel POV

I've had it rough since I lost my seat at Mclaren they really put me in a bad place last year, and this year wasn't going the way I wanted it too either.

After getting surgery on my hand, it put me out of racing, meaning I can't do anything. I just needed a break needed to get away from everything, so I packed my things and borrowed Max jet flying out to the States hopefully to get my mind off things.

"I can't believe you ditched us," Lando says through the phone.

"You could always visit me?"

"Seems like extra work," he jokes, causing me to shake my head.

"Don't complain about me ditching you then," the lady calls my name and hands me my coffee. I thank her, take it from the counter.

"I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to come with me and Max it's a lads holiday," he complains. I turn around, coming in contact with someone, my coffee falling over the two of us.

"I'm so sorry," the woman says as I grab a tissue, patting myself down.

"It's alright," I say, looking at the women in front of me. My eyes go wide, and she looks up, and her eyes do the same.

"I wasn't looking where I was going," she says. I smile at her.

"Daniel?" I hear come from the phone in my hand, but I couldn't look away from the woman standing in front of me.

"It's okay. Nobody got hurt, right?" She nods." You might have ruined our clothes, but that's all," someone shouts her name from behind her.

"Again, I'm sorry," she smiles, walking out.

"Daniel?"

"Sorry," I say to him.

"What the fuck just happened,"

"I just spilt coffee all over Grace Bailey," I shake my head walking out the shop.

"Grace Bailey?"

"Yes,"

"As in the Grace Bailey, we all listen to before races,"

"That would be her,"

"Is she as hot in real life as she is on Instagram?"

"She's like 10 years younger than me, Lando,"

"You can still call her hot besides its not that bad,"

"Fine, she's just as hot if not better,"

"God, I wish I was you right now."

"I'll call you later, alright,"

"Okay," I hang up, getting in my car.

I turn on the radio, and a Grace Bailey song blasts through the speakers. I shake my head with a small smile.

Grace POV

"What happened to you?" Amanda asks.

"Do you know that Formula One driver I'm obsessed with?"

"Daniel Ricci or something like that?'

"Daniel Ricciardo," I roll my eyes at her, and she nods.

"Yeah,"

"He spilt his coffee on me," I say. "I was in shock he was in front of me more than the hot liquid on my skin,"

We get in my car and begin to drive, stopping at the red light. I hear my music getting blasted from another car. I turn my head to see no other than Daniel Ricciardo singing to my song.

"This might be the best day of my life," I say, causing Amanda to look.

"He is handsome," she says. We both look at the man, his head turns meeting my eyes.

"Oh god," I say he wasn't even embarrassed he kept singing and dancing while looking at me.

"Don't freak out,"

He then smiles at me, which I return, and then the light turns green.

"Thanks for giving me a lift,"

"No problem, I'll see you soon," she nods. I drive back to my apartment, I park up next to a car I recognised, but I wasn't sure where from.

"Are you following me?" I turn around, meeting his eyes.

"No," I say he squints his eyes.

"You don't sound so sure," he says, breaking put into a smile. God, that smile.

"I can promise you I'm not following you,"

"I'm Daniel," he holds his hand out.

"I know, I'm Grace," I shake his hand.

"I know," he lets out a soft laugh. "Suprised, you know me though,"

"I'm a big F1 fan," he holds the door open for me.

"Favourite driver?" He asks.

"Well, this is embarrassing," I let out "your my favourite driver,"

"I feel honoured," he puts his hand to his heart. "If anything is embarrassing, it's you catching me singing my heart out to your song,"

"You've got moves,"

"You've seen nothing yet,"

"Well, I hope I get to see what you're really made of one day,"

"You never know," he winks. "I'll see you around," I nod, and we walk separate ways.

Daniel Ricciardo is my celebrity crush, and I'm living in the same building as him. I guess dreams do come true.

~~~~~~

"So he's staying in the complex?"

"Yeah,"

"Maybe this is fate. I mean, you're newly single, and your celebrity crush moves in," Emma says."This might be your happily ever after," I shake my head.

"He's 10 years older than me,"

"Does that matter?"

"And we've just met,"

"That's how all relationships start strangers to lovers,"

"I think being his neighbour is enough,"

"For now"