Chapter 3

Daniel POV

"What are you two doing here," I say, opening the door to see the two smiling mad men.

"You said we could visit you," Lando walks into the apartment.

"I have a feeling you two aren't here to see me but a certain singer that lives down the hall," they look at each other.

"Maybe we came here to see her as well," Max says. "Can you blame us,"

There was a knock on the door, and the two of them looked at each other, then to me, and to the door.

"Who are you expecting?"

"Nobody," I say, shrugging and walking towards the door, revealing Grace.

"Hi," she smiles at me, causing me to do the same back.

"Hi, Grace,"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go Mama's?" She asks. I look behind the door, the two men freaking out.

"I'm not alone right now," I say. "If you have room for two more than I'd love to come,"

"The more the merrier," she says. I let her step inside she tries not to laugh at the two men in front of her.

"What the hell, Daniel, give us warning," Lando says, straightening his clothes. "Hi, I'm Lando," he says, holding his hand out, which she takes.

"I know you both," their faces fall.

"You do?" She nods.

"As a fan of the sport, it would be strange not to,"

"You didn't tell us she was a fan,"

"I'm pretty sure I did," they shake their heads.

"We would remember that,"

Grace POV

I smile at the bickering men in front of me. They soon remember that I'm still here and shut their mouths.

"Lead the way," Daniel says, slapping Landos' hand away. I laugh, walking out the door, the three of them following close behind.

~~~~~~~

"Daniel," Mama says, hugging the Australian she then turns to the two men next to me.

"This is Max and Lando," I introduced she greets them, and then we take our seats.

"She's so cute," Lando says, taking a seat in front of me.

"She's really lovely," Daniel says, seating himself next to me.

Mama brought us our order, and we began to eat, leaving the conversation until we were done.

"Danny, I think you should come. You'll be able to race then," Max says I wasn't sure which race he was referring to.

"What about Liam? Doesn't he think he's racing till then?" Max shakes his head.

"Nope, he only gets told the week before. If you mention to Christian, you'll be back, then he'll sort it," Daniel looks at them, then turns to me.

"I'll race if Grace says she'll come,"

"You want me to come?" He nods.

"You're a fan, aren't you," I nod.

"Have you ever been to a race," Max asks

"When I was younger, my dad took me to a few, but that stopped when I became busier and moved here," I smile.

"Say you'll come?"

"Which race is it," That's when his smile grows even more.

"Austin,"

"You know I can't say no to my home race,"

"You're from Austin?"

"I'm from Lockhart. It's a town not too far from Austin,"

"So you'll come?"

"I'll come," I say.

"I'll get your passes sorted," I shake my head.

"No, please let me get them,"

"You're my guest,"

"Yeah, let him get them you," Lando says.

"Fine, but I owe you," he nods.

~~~~~~~

After lunch, we went our separate ways Daniek had some catching up to do, and I needed to go to the office.

"Okay, New York fashion week isn't too far ahead," my manager Alex says.

"I'm aware,"

"Versace and Dolce & Gabbana want you to walk for them,"

"Really? Don't they want someone I don't know more qualified to model to walk than me?"

"Nope, you're one of the biggest stars out there. Your face is everywhere at the moment. Who is better than to have you walk in their clothes it brings them the publicity they want,"

"What if I mess it up?"

"You walked for Victoria Secret,"

"I performed,"

"Yes, but you did walk one of their outfits at the performance you also modelled for Dior," I nod. "You have been on Vogue multiple times. You have what it takes to do this, and they want you,"

"Okay, that's fine. I can do that,"

"For someone who performs in front of thousands of people you sure hate being in the spotlight,"

"You know I panic before going on stage," i shrug. "I'll never be used to this life,"

"I know, but you can start trying. You're going to be in very high demand with how frequently your pictures in magazines and online,"

"Hopefully, it all stays good,"

"Your Americas sweetheart, just make it stay that way, and we won't have a problem,"

"Yes, sir,"

"Speaking of," he turns his laptop around multiple pictures of me and Daniel pop up. "You've been pictured with F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo these past few weeks,"

"He's my new neighbour. I've been showing him around,"

"People know your love for F1. You have mentioned it before in interviews they also know he's your favourite driver, so the dating rumours will start to stir," I laugh.

"And they will be just rumours," he raises his eyebrow.

"You sure about that he's your celebrity crush,"

"He might be, but I'm not his answer, and he's 10 years older than me,"

"Age is just a number, and in these photos, you look good together,"

"Don't give me false hope,"

"I'm just saying what I see, and it's what everyone else will and probably already are seeing,"

"We're friends," he looks at me.

"Friends right when we have another one of these meetings I'll see if that's changed,"