Chapter 8

Grace POV

"Ready when you are cowboy," I say, walking out, tapping Daniel on the back.

"Let's get going then," he says as I link my arm with his. "You really did do great,"

"Thank you, your little trick worked,"

"You doubted me?"

"Maybe just a little, but that won't happen again. You proved me wrong,"

"Want to get an Uber, or do you want to walk?" He glanced down at my feet

"I'm fine with walking these heels a pretty comfy, and if they hurt, I'll just take them off," Also, walking means we get linger together and that's all I was wanting right now.

"Okay then," he nods, and we start to walk to a little bar nearby.

It takes us about twenty minutes until we reach the bar.

"This round is on me. What would you like?"

"I'll have whatever you're having," he nods, placing his order with the bartender, and then leads me to a booth.

"You know what I find strange?" He asks.

"What's that?"

"How I'm standing next to Americas sweetheart and nobody has come over to you," I laugh.

"They just sit and take pictures instead," I say, nodding towards the couple in the corner. "But they could be taking pictures of you,"

"I'm a nobody next to you,"

"That's not true, and you know it,"

"Speaking of," he takes his phone out, pointing it at me. "Smile," I do as he says, and he snaps a photo. My phone buzzes.

Daniel Ricciardo tagged you in his story.

"I'm making sure my fan status shows," he says.

"Well, I guess I'm going to have to do the same," he smiles as I take my phone, taking a picture of him.

After a few more drinks me and Daniel decide it was time to go home.

"Are you sure you're okay walking?" He asks. Our apartment was an half an hour walk.

"I'm okay," he nods, holding his arm out for me to take.

My feet were killing. I should have chosen the Uber.

"Just give me a second," I say to Daniel he comes to a stop, and I lean on him, taking my shoes off. "Alright, we can continue,"

"You can't walk barefoot."

"I sure can it beats walking any further in these," I hold the heels up. He shakes his head and bends down.

"Jump on," he says.

"Are you sure?"

"Grace, I can lift the weight of you in one arm, I'm sure, get on," 

"Yes, sir," I say, jumping on his back, his hands hold under my thighs.

"You can't call me sir,"

"And whys that,"

"You just can't,"

"If you don't give me a reason to stop, then I'm going to keep calling it you," he sighs and continues to walk.

~~~~~~

We reach the apartment block, and he puts me down as we head inside.

"I had fun," I say, turning to him, his eyes already on me.

"So did I,"

"You coming over tomorrow to help me pack?" He nods.

"Yeah, then we can set off and go Austin slightly earlier so you can suprise your dad," I nod.

"I'll see you in the morning," I kiss his cheek and then disappear into my room.

~~~~~~

My clothes were all over the room. I had to decide what to take to Austin and what to wear to the race.

"Come in," I shout when I hear the door. "In the bedroom,"

"Should I take cover?" He asks, pointing at all the clothes.

"I'm just decided what to take,"

"Your whole wardrobe is on the floor,"

"Not all of it," his hand picks up a jersey.

"You're should wear this," he says, showing me the back it was his name and number.

"Of course you'll say that, but I was thinking of getting some Alpha Tauri merch,"

"With my name or Yukis?"

"Yukis," he nudges me "yours of course,"

"That's what I thought right come on. Let's get you packed,"

He shows me different clothing options and then packs the ones that I say yes to into the bag, not letting me do anything, then say yes or no.

"Your phones blowing up," I say, pointing to the side where his phone laid.

"It's the group chat," I raise an eyebrow.

"Grouo chat?" He nods.

"The other drivers Lando told them you were coming to the race with me, and they are going crazy on it,"

"Crazy how?" He opens his phone, reading out loud.

"Pierre, put, do I get to meet her? And can she say hi to Kika, Yuki said that if she comes to the garage, warn me so I can turn her music off and act naturally," I laugh.

"To be honest, I feel the same way,"

"I forget how much of a fan you are," he speaks. "It looks like we're all packed,"

"Thank you for helping," I look at the bag "well for doing all the work,"

"No problem my lady now are you ready to go?"

"I'm ready," I smile.