Chapter 11

Grace POV

My father waited for me as I was stopped by fans at the paddock entrance. I sign a few things and take some photos before heading over to my father.

"Are you and Daniel Ricciardo a couple?" A reporter asks. I choose to ignore it for now.

We walked through the paddock, arriving at the Alpha Tauri garage it wasn't hard to find Daniel as his smile lit up as soon as he saw us.

"You made my bad day a little less bad," he says, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a hug and kissing my cheek.

"Is it that bad son?"

"Starting P15 isn't what I wanted for my comeback race,"

"I know it's not the result you wanted, but you'll do great either way,"

"Gotta get my head in the game?" I laugh. Last night, we watched high school musicals before going to bed.

"As much as I love Troy Bolton, I'm more of an F1 girl than a basketball girl,"

"You'll do great, Daniel once your in that car," he smiles at me.

"Daniel, you ready?" He nods, leading us further into the garage so we can watch with the engineers and go upstairs to see better if needed.

"Wish me luck,"

"Good luck," I kiss his cheek.

"He's a good man," my father says as we watch him get into the car.

"He really is,"

"I trust him to take care of you when I'm not there," he pulls me into a side hug.

The race started, and Daniel got away great, making his way to P12 in just the first corner. He had a few ups and downs, avoiding a crash between Russell and Hamilton in front of him and then his tire getting a puncture from the debris, but he made it till his pit stop.

"Max Verstappen Wins The Austin Grand Prix," Daniel came P5. My smile widened as I watched him get out of the car.

I watch his engineers congratulate him he makes his way towards me and my dad.

"You did amazing,"

"You did great son you should be proud,"

"I'm happy with the results," he replies to my dad, then hugs me.

"I really want to kiss you right now, but there's cameras everywhere," he whispers.

"You'll have to just double it later on then," I reply.

"Let me get changed, and then we can all go out for dinner, my treat,"

"Oh, you don't have to," I say, but he shakes his head.

"I want to," I nod, watching him walk into his drivers room.

"You wait here. I'll go get the car started," I nod as my dad walks out of the garage. The engineers were busy getting everything put away, so I made my way towards Daniels drivers room knocking on.

"Come in," I slip in without anyone seeing me. Daniel stood there no shirt, his suit wrapped around his torso. "Gracie,"

"I thought I'd come for that kiss," he smirks, walking over to me and grabbing my face.

"My pleasure," he pulls me into him, our lips connecting my arms wrap around his neck as he pushes me up against the door. His hands moved to my waist as he deepened the kiss. "Jump," he says in between kisses I do as he says, and he wraps my legs around his waist, pushing me harder against the door.

Our hands pulled each other closer. If that was even possible, his hands sqeeze my thighs that he was holding as his lips made their way down my neck.

"As much as I would love to continue this, your dad's waiting for us," he mumbles against my skin. I completely forgot about my dad waiting in the car. He pulls away looking my in the eyes.

"Raincheck?" I ask he nods at me, giving me one last kiss before he puts me down. I go to walk out, but he stops me.

"You can stay in here while I get dressed," I know I can, but I don't trust myself to keep my hands off of him. "I won't be long," I nod and just sit down, trying my hardest not to watch him undress.

"Alright, I'm ready," I look up, and he holds his hand out for me to take. "Before we go," he turns me around and kisses me one last time. "Let's go," I nod, following him out.

~~~~~~

"Thank you Daniel the food was lovely," my father says.

"I'm glad that you enjoyed it," my father and Daniel had been talking nonstop since we got into the car it's fair to say that my dad likes him which is the most important thing to me.

My mother had texted asking if Daniel would come with me to drop my father off, which he would be she also wanted to get to know him more. Family was the most important thing to me, and I knew it was the same for Daniel.

"You raised an incredible woman." I look up, coming away from my thoughts.

"She really is incredible, isn't she,'my dad looks towards me as he speaks.

Daniel places his hand on my thigh.

"You two are filling my ego," I joke.

"Daniel is just stating a fact you are an incredible woman," my dad turns to Daniel. "You know she sends us money every week to help us out," Daniel looks at me. "She also bought us the house after we nearly lost it she's an international star, but she never forgets her roots,"

"How could I? All my best memories came from here." I smile.