Chapter 21

Daniel POV

"Do I look alright," Lando asks, sorting out his tie.

"You look fine, Lando,"

"Are you sure I've never been to court before,"

"Yeah, I'm sure," I breathe.

"You're nervous,"

"I am why am I nervous, and Gracie isn't,"

"Because she's not in love with Grace," he says.

"Can I trust you two not to punch Austin when he walks past?" Alex asks, walking over to us.

"He's going to be walking past us," Lando asks. "Why can't he go through the back,"

"Just the way it is," Lando nods

"I can't promise, but I'll try my best not to,"

"That's all I needed. I'm going to go check on Grace," we both nod as Alex walks away. I look towards the door and see Austin walk in. I nudge Lando.

"He does have a punch able face," he says. "Where's he going?"

"I don't know,"

"Then let's go find out," Lando pulls me towards the door that Austin walks through.

"You're blowing this out of proportion," Austin says. I couldn't see into the room. We could only hear what was going on.

"You're not supposed to be in here," I hear Grace's voice say Lando looks at me, "and I don't think I've blown it up as much as I should have,"

"Come on, Grace, it was only a bit of fun," she laughs.

"Fun? You tried to use this against my boyfriend, and not to mention the fact that I was completely unaware that these photos and that video were being taken,"

"Ah, the boyfriend," he says, "Daniel right," Grace doesn't respond. "Do you really think he's better than me?"

"No," she says, my heart dropped. "I know he's better than you. There's no thinking about it he's more of a man than you could ever be," I smile at her words.

"If he was more of a man than me, then he would have just followed what I wanted," she laughs.

"A real man wouldn't run and hide because the ex tries to get in the way. Don't ever compare yourself to him. You couldn't even be half the man he is even in your dreams,"

"Since when did you grow a backbone?"

"You should leave. You wouldn't want to add harassment as well as the other things to the case now, would you?"

"See you in the Grace," me and Lando move away from the door as he walks through, noticing the two of us he gives us a smug look and nods before walking away.

"He's such a dick," Lando says.

"That he is," I look into the room to see Grace stand with her back to us, looking out of the window. "I'm going to go check on Gracie,"

"I'm going to go get us a seat at the front,"  I nod, watching him move towards the courtroom.

"You okay," I ask, walking towards her.

"I'm okay," she says, relaxing as my arms wrap around her waist.

"Soon, this will all be over with, and we can move on,"

"I can't wait for it to be over with," she rests her head back onto my chest. "I just want us to be able to go back to normal, not worrying about anything,"

"And we will, we'll be in our new apartment together cooking smiling laughing in no time,"

"Have I told you I love you," she turns on my arms.

"All the time,"

"Well, i do, I really do," I kiss her

"And I'm mad about you too," I say "I love you I best go take my seat ill see you in there," she nods kissing me one last time before I go to the courtroom.

"How is she,"

"She's fine like always putting on her brave face,"

"She is an actress after all," Lando smiles as the judge comes in.

I see Grace sit in front of us, Austin, on the other side, looking as smug as ever.

They go back and forth about the photos and the video Austins team not admitting that he did anything wrong and that Grace knew about them and that she was just trying to ruin Austins career.

"Miss Bailey, would you please take the stand," Maggie asks. Grace nods, standing up and walks towards the stand.

"Miss Bailey, you and Austin were together for just over four years, am I correct?"

"You're correct,"

"And throughout those years, did you ever take explicit photos or videos of yourself and send them to him,"

"No, I did not,"

"Did you ever agree to have explicit photos or videos taken by him of yourself,"

"No, I did not,"

"So you had no idea until recently that these had been taken,"

"No, I was unaware that they had been taken," Maggie nods.

"How was your relationship with Mr Butler throughout those years," here it came she was about to tell the world pretty much the insides of there picture perfect relationship I wasn't sure I was ready.