Chapter 9

Daniel POV

I glanced over at Grace she was looking out of the window, her knee bopping up and down.

"You okay Gracie," she nods.

"I just can't wait to see him," she says "its been a while,"

"I bet he can't wait to see you either," her hand moves to my free one and rests on top of it. I tried my hardest not to smile but failed.

"Here we are," I say, parking up, looking up at her childhood home.

"You know the plan?"

"I do," I say, getting out of the car. "Ready,"

"Ready,"

I knock on the door, and her father appears, his eyes going wide.

"Sorry to bother you, but I was just driving around, and my car stopped working. I was wondering if I could get some help pushing it?"

"You need help?" He says I nod."I'll come," I nod as he follows me to the car. He hasn't noticed the girl inside as he starts to push.

"Jeez, dad, put your back into it," his head shoots up, and his eyes go wide as he breaks out into a smile. Grace steps out of the car and hugs him.

"Oh sweetheart, how I've missed you," he says, tightening the hug.

"I've missed you too,"

"Let's get inside," She nods, pulling me with them.

"Honey, who was at the door," a woman who I'm assuming is Grace mother walks in.

"Suprise,"

"Oh my," she says, pulling her into a hug, then turns to me, "I'm Anna,"

"Daniel," I go to shake her hand, but instead, she pulls me into a hug.

"Daniel, this is my dad David,"

"Nice to meet you,"

"It's an honour to meet you," I reply, shaking his hand.

"Grace, you should have told us you were coming. I would have set the guest room up," she shakes her head.

"We have a hotel I came to invite dad to the race,"

"Really, you're going?"

"Daniel invited me and you," she smiles, looking over to me.

"I'll be there,"

~~~~~

"You'll be fine they'll love you," I say to her as she looks into the room, the drivers surrounding the place.

"It's not that I'm just hoping I don't freak out,"

"You didn't freak out when you met me,"

"I did just internally," she says, biting her lip.

"Then do it internally for them," I get out of the car and open her door. "Come on, Gracie, they are waiting,"

She gets out and takes my hand in hers, squeezing it slightly before removing it as we enter.

"Grace," Lando says, running over and hugging her.

"Lando," she replies, hugging him back as the others make their way over.

They all introduced themselves slightly freaking out, but she was keeping her calm.

~~~~~~

"What are you staring at?" Max says, walking over to me with Lando.

"Is he flirting with her?" I ask, nodding towards Charles and Grace, who was laughing at whatever he said.

"Maybe," Lando shrugs. "Why?"

"No reason," I watch as she laughs again. "What could be so funny?"

"Oh, I see," Lando says. "Do you?" He asks Max.

"I do,"

"What?"

"You're jealous,"

"I'm not jealous," I say, frowning.

"You're not?" I shake my head as I look at them."Good because Grace and Charles went off somewhere," I shoot around, looking seeing her in the same spot.

"Thought you weren't jealous?"

"Fine, I'm jealous," Max and Lando break out into a smile. "I've developed feelings for her, and I can't shake them,"

"You don't have to shake them,"

"What if she doesn't feel the same way about me?"

"I think she does. I see the way she looks at you, but you won't know unless you try,"

"I don't know,"

"Fight for your fairytale, Daniel," Max says. "Everyone deserves a happy ending, and I feel like she could be yours,"

"Fuck em," I say walking over to the two of them "sorry can I steal Grace?' Charles nods and I walk outside Grace following behind.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," she smiles at me. "You getting on with everyone?"

"Yeah, Charles seems great," I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, it seemed like you two were getting along,"

"He was telling me stories about you, actually,"

"Oh, he was?' She nods. So they weren't flirting.

I turn to her she was closer then I expected and she loses footing as I turned I reach out wrapping my arm around her waist and hold her up.

"Sorry " she shakes her head.

"It's okay," her hand rests on my chest as I straighten her but I don't remove my arm.

"Gracie," she looks up at me. "Something about you made me feel a little more alive and far less lost," she looks into my eyes. "I was in a really dark place, and then I met you, and you brightened it up,"

"You are, without a doubt, the most amazing person I've ever met," she says the next thing I knew her lips were on mine. I returned the kiss as her hands moved to my cheeks.

"So much to being friends," I say, resting my head on hers.

"I don't think we've ever been just friends," she says just before I kiss her again.