Chapter 10

Daniel POV

I couldn't remove the big grin plastered on my face the whole night. Grace and I made our way inside and saw all the drivers smiling at us, clearly watching what went down.

"You finally listened to us," Lando says, walking over to us. Both Grace looks between us.

"I may have told them about my feelings for a certain singer," she smiles at me.

"Guess I'm not the only one having that kind of conversation with my best friends,"

"When you two gey married just remember who helped," Max says before he and Lando walk away.

~~~~~

We arrived back at our hotel. Grace fell in the bed as I took my jacket off.

"Can we talk?" I ask she turns around sitting up.

"Sure you okay?" Her voice unsure.

"I'm perfect, but I want to talk about us," I sit down next time her. "I want to take you on a proper date and do this right," her smile widens, "but I also wanted to talk about the public,"

"Ah yes, the public,"

"I don't want to hide this or hide you, but I know how complicated the media is and how rumours are," she places a hand on mine.

"I don't care about the public or the media. I only care about you,"

"Are you sure because I'm okay with being private until you're ready? I know with the whole Austin thing I don't want to add onto that pressure,"

"You're not Austin, your Daniel," she tilts her head. "The media can say what they want, but I want this. I want us, and I definitely don't want to hide that you're mine," her calling me hers filled my stomach with butterflies.

"And you're mine," I lean in, kissing her. "I know I said I wanted to do this proper and take you on a date, but I'm getting it over and done with," I get down on one knee in front of her causing her to laugh.

"Grace middle name, we haven't discussed Bailey. Will you be my girlfriend,"

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend,"

~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't sleep. I guess the race has been rushing through my mind. I look to my side to see a peacefully fast asleep Grace. She was flawless even in her sleep. I wasn't sure if she had any flaws, and if she did, I couldn't see them.

"I can feel you staring," she says, slowly opening her eyes.

"Sorry I couldn't sleep,"

"It's okay," she cuddles into me. "Want to talk about it?"

"I'm nervous about tomorrow," she looks at me, "my first practice back, and we all saw how that went last time," I say, squeezing my hand into a fist.

Her hand takes mine and links them together.

"I know that you've had a few step backs in the past year, but that's all they were step backs," I smile at her "if anyone can come back from this its you your going to show everyone that it was the best choice going to Alpha Tauri,"

"Not a bad one going back to my ex?'

"Not a bad one, at least this ex cares about you,"

"I also know you're in the crowd watching, so I guess I've got to impress you, right?"

"It wouldn't hurt," I wrap my arm around her.

"Let's get back to sleep,"

~~~~~

Grace POV

Daniel had to go to the track early, so i was on my way to pick up my dad, who may I add. I was very excited. I had been receiving messages all morning asking when I was coming for him.

I pull up and run up to the door. My dad opens it just before I knock.

"You took your time,"

"I told you 11am I'm here early," I look at my watch 10.45am.

"I never said you were late. I just said you took your time," I looked at the shirt my dad was wearing.

"You supporting Daniel?" I joke he also heads to toe in Alpha Tauri and Encante merch.

"I've got to support my future son in law," I frown.

"I didn't tell you we got together,"

"I know, sweetie, but I knew it would only be a matter of time. I saw the way he looked at you reminded me of when I met your mother,"

"You like him then?"

"I do so. Does your mother we know he'll do right by you," I smile as we make our way to the car. My dad wasn't a big fan of Austin when I brought him home. My dad made sure to make that clear to both me and him.

He was right he wasn't good for me. I wish I saw that when he did, but I didn't like most people. Do they ignore the signs.

"Okay, let's get going," my dad says, smiling, strapping himself in.

I smile at him starting the car and making my way to the track.