Chapter 11 - Contract (3)

When Kang Woojin first arrived at the C Blue Studio building, he was greeted by.

“Hello, Mr. Kang Woojin.”

It was the same man he had seen in the meeting room. The production manager of ‘Profiler Hanryang’. He had a rather sharp-looking face. The odd part was the atmosphere he projected towards Woojin.

“Here, come this way.”

At a glance, it seemed normal, but there was a slight sense of incongruity.

‘Something’s off. Does he not like me?’

The production manager emitted a vibe of kindness and discomfort. He began to utter strange words when he got in the elevator with Woojin.

“Huu- First of all, Kang Woojin. This situation can be considered as almost the first of its kind. I have some experience in production, but this is a first-time situation for me too. Like the process of your audition…or today’s fee negotiation.”

Negotiation? Am I going to negotiate my appearance fee today? Although it didn’t make sense right away, Kang Woojin maintained a solemn silence. Then, the production manager began to explain.

“Honestly, I’m a bit against it. However, both the PD and the writer are determined to proceed, and they both like you a lot. I should stop them, but they are both passionate about creating works…”

The production manager, who had trailed off, locked eyes with Woojin. There was a seriousness in his eyes.

“Whatever appearance fee you have in mind… I’m not sure how much it will be, but the amount you’ll hear today has already surpassed the average. Even if you feel a bit disappointed, please understand considering the current market situation and all aspects of the production.”

At this point, Kang Woojin sensed a faint misunderstanding. But the production manager continued without hesitation.

“I know that you are out of the ordinary in various ways. That value has certainly been included. I heard you self-taught yourself acting. Your long journey of walking a tough path alone has been accounted for. Of course, it’s acknowledged by the PD and the scriptwriter.”

“Is that so?”

“But if you intend to reveal yourself, you need to pay attention to how you are perceived. It’s not good if there are bad rumors about you right from the start.”

This guy seems kinder than I thought. He’s actually worrying about me? Whether that was the case or not, the production manager sighed lightly and delivered the conclusion.

“I’m telling you this in case it helps your deliberation before meeting the PD.”

“I understand.”

Kang Woojin, maintained a poker face. In fact, he had given up hope due to Kim Daeyoung’s words at the barbecue restaurant the day before.

‘Honestly, I should be should be grateful even if they offer 3,000 per episode. Getting cast is already a life-changing event.”

Still, he thought they would pay more than 3,000 won. But now seeing the reaction of this production manager.

‘Should I have a bit of hope?’

It was unusual. And that unusualness was something Woojin could feel when he met Song Man-woo PD.

“Your appearance fee is 2,500,000 per episode. What do you think?”

2.5 million won? That’s about 900 times more than 3,000 won. Kang Woojin’s poker face twitched.

‘Wait a minute. I’m not sure if it’s before or after tax, but if it’s 2.5 million won, isn’t that more than my monthly salary?’