Chapter 151 - Artillery Fire (6)

Director Ahn Ga-bok? That Director Ahn Ga-bok? Choi Sung-gun, with his phone pressed to his ear, had his thoughts momentarily freeze. It was understandable since it was so sudden.

‘What’s this now? Out of nowhere, Director Ahn Ga-bok?’

Moreover.

‘Why would that Ahn Ga-bok be interested in our Woojin-’

Just the mention was surprising enough, and the purpose of Director Ahn Ga-bok on the other end of the phone was Kang Woojin. It was surprising that Ahn Ga-bok, a living history of the domestic film scene, wanted to meet Woojin. It was difficult to understand why such a heavyweight, Director Ahn Ga-bok, would personally call for a newcomer like Kang Woojin.

It was a first even for Choi Sung-gun, who had been in the entertainment industry for a long time.

‘······What in the world is going on here.’

The brain of Choi Sung-gun, known for his excellent capabilities and divine-level problem-solving, had stopped. However, Choi Sung-gun forcefully reconnected his halted brain circuits. Somehow, it started to work again.

‘Let’s grasp at least the minimum. Director Ahn Ga-bok knows my number and called directly, which means he must have managed to dig up something suitable from somewhere.’

Whether it was Kang Woojin or something else, Director Ahn Ga-bok moved with certainty. The fact that the legend called personally meant it was a gesture of sincerity.

‘Or greed.’

In other words, Director Ahn Ga-bok was currently highly valuing Kang Woojin.

‘Still······how on earth did Director Ahn Ga-bok get involved?’

Yet, Choi Sung-gun’s mind was still full of question marks. Well, even so, probing too much into Director Ahn Ga-bok for details now would be idiotic, as would be dealing with a legend like him without any information. He was someone who couldn’t be treated lightly or casually.

‘I need to buy some time while being polite.’

Especially since he also needed to pass clear information to Kang Woojin. Woojin, even after knowing the stature of the person involved, would flatly refuse if he wasn’t interested, regardless of their reputation. Therefore, Choi Sung-gun engaged in a negotiation based on truthful bluff.

“Hello, Director~nim. I would have contacted you directly had you given me a heads-up before calling······”

“No need to beat around the bush, it tires both of us.”

“Then, are you saying you want to meet Woojin in relation to a project?”

“That’s right. What other reason would there be for a director to look for an actor?”

“Ah- Yes. Sorry, it’s a bit hard to believe.”

“Ha-ha. So, can we meet?”

Responding to the question, Choi Sung-gun let out a tense sigh in response.

“I’d run to meet you this instant if I could, Director~nim, but could you possibly give us a little time? Woojin’s schedule is a bit tight at the moment.”

“Hmm?”

“Woojin is currently in the middle of shooting a variety show. It’s PD Yoon Byung-seon’s ‘Our Dining Table’. As you know, the end time for variety show filming is not precise. There’s a high chance it could be delayed by 2 hours or even 3.”

It was a valid point. Expected filming schedules meant little. Variety shows, in particular, were unpredictable. There was a risk of having director Ahn Ga-bok wait if they scheduled a meeting and the shooting ran long. In the worst case, it could even lead to a fallout.