Chapter 23 - Reading (4)

Ryu Jung-min couldn’t take his eyes off Kang Woojin.

“·····”

At first, it was because he had mistaken Woojin for the manager, but now it was because of his immense acting skill, which overshadowed his initial impact.

‘That acting… what is he, showing off? How can that be considered moderate?’

Although Ryu Jung-min was the male lead of ‘Profiler Hanryang’, at this moment, the protagonist of the reading was Kang Woojin. Not only Ryu Jung-min but also all the actors were staring intently at Woojin. They all had the same look in their eyes.

It changed from ‘Who are you?’ to ‘What the hell are you?’

Of course, various officials scattered in the large hall felt the same way. Among them was CEO Choi Sung-gun. He was the CEO of bw Entertainment, the agency of top actress Hong Hye-yeon, and was the hidden investor in the short film ‘Exorcism’. He had come separately from Hong Hye-yeon and was sitting on a makeshift chair near the entrance.

And right now, Choi Sung-gun was speechless.

“···How did he grasp the emotion so quickly? Why is his emotional switch so fast?”

Obviously, it was because of Kang Woojin. An unknown who was suddenly cast by PD Song man-woo and writer Park Eun-mi, and whom Hong Hye-yeon took an interest in. To be honest, Woojin’s first impression on CEO Choi Sung-gun was just ‘okay’.

But now it was different.

The moment he saw the role of Park Dae-ri played by Woojin, CEO Choi Sung-gun’s mind went blank. He was confused about what he was seeing, and whether he could judge the man who was acting it out.

‘I’ve never seen acting like that before.’

How much analysis and practice must one do to achieve such a performance? Or, could such a feat even be achieved with practice alone? At the moment, Kang Woojin seemed difficult to be judged by the standards of an actor.

Yes, he was just Park Dae-ri. Nothing more.

At this point, Park Dae-ri’s gaze and expression changed. His deep eyes, once filled with desire and pleasure, now contained a calculating smile. For some reason, his face reminded one of a child. A distorted fairy tale. Calculated innocence. Then he embraced something, and a faint line was uttered.

“You’re cute. So fluffy. I want to pop you.”

Park Dae-ri looked around, slowly turning his head. The focus was clearly on his face. But his fingers, holding something, were trembling slightly. It wasn’t from fear.

It was from excitement.

Watching this, CEO Choi Sung-gun unconsciously stood up from his seat.

‘···A sociopath with pleasure right in front of him.’

Fun. Park Dae-ri had fun right in front of him. By destroying something. At this moment, no one in the huge hall doubted that this man was Park Dae-ri.

They couldn’t.

It wasn’t mere imitation of the printed script. Kang Woojin’s acting was smooth, clean, and free of incongruity. How about the muttered lines? CEO Choi Sung-gun was full of admiration.

‘A single line of short dialogue captures a person.’

It’s apt to say it’s mesmerizing. It was about then that CEO Choi Sung-gun suddenly realized something.

‘Wait, he was told to act moderately.’

The magic word that PD Song man-woo had given to Woojin was ‘moderately’. It was a request to set the tone of the drama. In other words, all the performances Woojin showed could be concluded as moderate.