Chapter 100 - Cut-off (3)

Though questioned through the phone, Choi Sung-gun did not answer immediately because Director Kwon Ki-taek had asked again.

“Why is Woojin being mentioned here? Wasn’t this matter solely handled by CEO Choi?”

As a director, Kwon Ki-taek naturally had to ask. It was absurd that Kang Woojin was involved in this complicated incident. Nonetheless, Choi Sung-gun, crossing his legs slowly, answered calmly.

“That’s correct. I was the only one who made a move.”

“Then?”

“Shall we say Woojin brought the script?”

“…”

“Thanks to Woojin, this matter could surface. Otherwise, nobody, including me, would have known.”

Owing a favor to Director Kwon Ki-taek, one of the top figures in the field, was a very advantageous move. Director Kwon’s influence extends beyond the domestic film scene to the entertainment industry and even overseas. However, Choi Sung-gun had no particular intention of taking the lead role.

‘I fit better in the background.’

A shadow that goes unnoticed if not paid attention to. He maintained just that kind of position. Moderation. That was Choi Sung-gun’s way of surviving in the entertainment industry for a long time. The lead role is for someone else. Therefore, he pushed all the attention onto Kang Woojin.

‘There’s no point in standing out in the current situation. If it weren’t for Woojin, I would have been left foolishly empty-handed.’

Ultimately, while Choi Sung-gun played the role of an executor, nothing would have happened without Kang Woojin’s initiation. Soon, Choi Sung-gun implanted Kang Woojin deep into Director Kwon’s mind.

“Only Woojin saw the rotten part of ‘Island of the Missing’. I just played the role of exposing it.”

A brief silence. Then, Director Kwon Ki-taek, on the other side of the phone, asked again.

“…I need an explanation. I want to hear exactly how things unfolded? I feel I need to know. After all, the conclusion is important in everything.”

“Of course. However, it’s a bit much to explain over the phone. I will visit you personally. I’ll be busy for a few days, so sometime soon.”

“Okay. I’ll be waiting.”

Having heard the reply, Choi Sung-gun rose from his seat and changed the subject.

“With Seo Chae-eun out, the production of ‘Island of the Missing’ will be delayed, right? You’ll have to recruit a new actor. I’m asking because of Woojin’s schedule.”

“Hmm, well. Of course, we’ll need some time for contract issues, but it won’t take too long to settle.”

“Do you have any actors in mind?”

A niche market. Choi Sung-gun intended to squeeze Hong Hye-yeon into the slightly opened gap of ‘Island of the Missing.’ The timing couldn’t be more perfect, with the shooting for Hanryang completely finished. Unfortunately, a different actor’s name came out of Director Kwon’s mouth.

“Yes, Ha Yu-ra.”

Choi Sung-gun’s eyes widened slightly. Why? Because he had a slight acquaintance with Ha Yu-ra.

“…Ha Yu-ra? I understand she’s in Hollywood right now.”

“She’s in Korea now. She stealthily entered the country a few days ago. Ah, that’s right, Yu-ra had a connection with CEO Choi, didn’t she?”