Chapter 159 - Solo (6)

After finishing a conversation with the production team of 'Island of the Missing,' Choi Sung-gun, wearing a thin short-sleeved shirt and a hat pushed down firmly, returned to the waiting tent. His focus was on the smartphone in his hand. Just as he was about to enter the tent,

"Are you by any chance interested in the 'Cannes Film Festival'?"

An old man's voice was heard inside the tent. It was familiar voice. Realizing that Director Ahn Ga-bok was inside, Choi Sung-gun hesitated.

'Director Ahn Ga-bok? Was he here already??'

He knew that the director was supposed to come today, but Choi Sung-gun had not known that he had already arrived and was talking with Kang Woojin.

'The Cannes Film Festival? Asking him directly out of the blue? It's just a hint, but... surely, Woojin wouldn't blatantly refuse, right? Yeah, that's right. He wouldn't.'

Choi Sung-gun hoped internally. Honestly, he wasn't sure how things would go, but if something went wrong with Director Ahn Ga-bok like it did Director Woo Hyun-goo, it would be hard for even Choi Sung-gun to handle.

However,

"No, I'm not particularly interested."

The cold voice of Kang Woojin that came from inside the tent shattered Choi Sung-gun's faith. For a moment, his legs seemed to lose strength, and he supported himself by placing his hands on his knees.

'...An accident happened.'

The representatives and employees of the film company inside the tent, who had come with Director Ahn Ga-bok, immediately furrowed their brows.

"Hey, look here!"

And everyone raised their voices slightly towards Kang Woojin, who appeared indifferent.

"Not particularly interested!"

"Kang Woojin~ssi, in this field, the arrogant you are, the more humble you need to be. Do you not know who is sitting in front of you?"

"Behaving rudely in front of the director!"

"······Look, Woojin~ssi. Do you think your popularity will continue endlessly??"

A barrage of attacks. On the other hand, Kang Woojin's expressionless face remained unchanged. Or, more precisely, only on the outside. Internally, he was in extreme panic.

'What, what's this. It's kind of scary, huh?!'

More than ever, he needed to remain calm. Pour cold water, no, pour ice water on it. With that mindset, he looked at the composed Director Ahn Ga-bok and then replied in a low voice to the attacking group.

"Is there a problem?"

"···What, what did you say?"

"I merely answered. You asked about the Cannes Film Festival, and I shared my thoughts. I don't understand why you're getting worked up."

"······"

"It's a bit baffling without any context."

He was right. Director Ahn Ga-bok had simply asked about Cannes, and Woojin had only given his response. The others were upset because they knew the inside story, but from Kang Woojin's perspective, it wasn't a situation to be scolded for.

"Am I in a situation that deserves criticism?"

There was yet no formal request from Director Ahn Ga-bok. At that moment,