Chapter 115 - Multi (3)

Choi Sung-gun, lamenting with his face covered, and Kang Woojin, sitting in the driver’s seat, blinked in confusion. What? Why? This wasn’t the situation Woojin had anticipated.

Why is he lamenting?

Was there even a reason for that? It would have been more natural for him to be angry, accusing Woojin of deceiving him all this time, which Woojin was prepared for.

But Choi Sung-gun…

“Sigh- You really are…”

He looked at Kang Woojin somewhat pitifully. Why, though? So, Woojin replayed the recent conversation in his mind.

‘No, I clearly told the truth, didn’t I?’

The response he got was questioning whether he had been pretending to be ordinary all along, using his life as acting practice. Here, Woojin roughly realized why this situation had happened.

‘…Misunderstanding.’

It meant that Choi Sung-gun had completely misinterpreted Kang Woojin’s words. He had interpreted not just the recent few months but over 20 years of Woojin’s past as an act. There could be no other explanation for this reaction.

This is ridiculous.

Woojin almost laughed out loud in frustration. Internally, he was screaming,

‘Why does it turn out this way even when I tell the truth?! Why?? WHY???’

It felt unjust. There was no reason for it, but Woojin felt intensely wronged. It was frustrating how his honest words got distorted so easily. Soon, Kang Woojin attempted to converse again to clear the distorted misunderstanding.

“No, CEO, what I meant was…”

“Ah, yes.”

But Choi Sung-gun cut him off, patting Woojin’s shoulder as if he knew everything.

“You don’t want me to tell anyone else, I know. How many years do you think I’ve been in this industry to not know these things?”

You don’t know, not right now. You even misunderstood what was just said. Woojin felt frustrated. That emotion mixed with indifference became extreme cynicism, and facing Woojin, Choi Sung-gun sighed deeply once again.

And then he recalled Kang Woojin’s words.

‘CEO, the truth is, I’ve been acting… no, putting on a persona all this time.’

It was a statement that made everything understandable. Yes, you’ve lived that kind of life. Choi Sung-gun looked at Kang Woojin with pity and exhaustion.

‘Middle school, high school, university, and even at work. If he had lived as his real self, it would have been hard to blend in.’

The current Kang Woojin is the real one, but even now, he is far from normal. His personality is eccentric enough. If it weren’t for his monstrous abilities, including acting, he might have become an outcast long ago.

‘He might have been cast out.’

Even now, Woojin’s state was slightly more relaxed or cheerful than before.

“…”

If he hadn’t pretended to be ordinary, he would have been completely excluded from the world. Moreover, Woojin had skills beyond acting, such as singer-like vocals, native-like language proficiency, an uncanny Midas touch, and more. He had too much.

This goes beyond extraordinary; it would be believable if he were an alien.

What would people around him say if they knew of Kang Woojin’s extraordinary nature? Additionally, that his personality was like this? People tend to view others who are different from themselves as abnormal. Kang Woojin would have had to hide himself even more.