Chapter 142 - Missing (1)

Crank-in. That is, the first shooting. Or, to be more precise, the first shooting of ‘Island of the Missing’ might have already begun. The call for the shooting of ‘Island of the Missing’ was from the morning. However, only one of the main actors was summoned.

That was Kang Woojin.

In short, the one who opened the gates of the shooting schedule was Kang Woojin, and the rest of the main actors, including Ryu Jung-min, were to join in the afternoon. According to the distributed shooting schedule, Kang Woojin would have started in Seoul in the morning and would now be in the midst of shooting in Buyeo.

As ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’.

Anyway, at this moment, Ryu Jung-min was.

“Phew-”

Recalling ‘First Lieutenant Choi Yu-tae’ from the script, he was exceptionally determined.

‘This time, a fellow lead.’

During Hanryang, there was a difference in popularity and the status of being a main actor, but this time, the gap with Kang Woojin was almost non-existent. Of course, Ryu Jung-min still had a far superior career. However, the entertainment industry was not a market where popularity is swayed by career.

It’s swayed by people’s interest.

Looking at it that way, Kang Woojin, the current king of issues, was the biggest predator in ‘Island of the Missing’, and Ryu Jung-min had humbly lowered himself.

‘Forget seniority, I’m here purely as an actor, as a challenger.’

A challenger. To Ryu Jung-min, Kang Woojin was the limit itself. At least, that was Ryu Jung-min’s firm conclusion.

Therefore.

‘…I honestly want to avoid it.’

Even now, moving towards the shooting location, fear was rising in Ryu Jung-min. It was overwhelming. Heavy. Already being at the top, he could have chosen a different path. But Ryu Jung-min.

“Still, if I overcome this, maybe I too.”

He chose to confront his limits, to directly face Kang Woojin. Surely, in ‘Island of the Missing’, he would face the terror of despair and loss when confronting Kang Woojin. However, currently, as a challenger, Ryu Jung-min chose self-encouragement over self-pity.

The two in ‘Island of the Missing’ would engage in a psychological battle, quite different from ‘Hanryang.’

‘First Lieutenant Choi Yu-tae’ tries to trust ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’, played by Woojin, while also suspecting him, and ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’ avoids ‘First Lieutenant Choi Yu-tae’, engaging in antics similar to that of a monstrous creature.

No, in a way, the real villain in ‘Island of the Missing’ was ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’.

‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’ was more cunning and had many more secrets than ‘Park Dae-ri’. Therefore, he could be considered a higher level. In contrast, Ryu Jung-min’s ‘First Lieutenant Choi Yu-tae’ was less capable than Hanryang’s ‘Yu Ji-hyeong’. That made the competition even fiercer for Ryu Jung-min.

Yet, Ryu Jung-min smiled.

‘Perfect, just like a challenger should be.’

The situation seemed fine. Pure desire, greed, jealousy, intensity. Regardless of the words, Ryu Jung-min was resolute.

‘I will use that monster, for my own sake.’

To grow, to break through his limits, he would use the incredible Kang Woojin.