Chapter 182 - Appearance Fee (7)

[“Abilities exceeding the basic specs have been detected. Acquiring ‘Martial Arts’ first.”]

A familiar female voice echoed in the endlessly dark void space.

Martial Arts.

Really? Martial Arts? Kang Woojin’s lips curled up. It was the moment the void space was gifting him some ability again. Actually, Woojin had thought about it while reading the script of ‘Beneficial Evil’. ‘There are many action scenes, aren’t there?’ And so, he had some expectations.

Could something like action also be acquired?

But it wasn’t certain. The techniques used by the male lead in episodes 1 and 2 of ‘Beneficial Evil’ to subdue opponents, self-defense, martial arts, or violence were impressive, to say the least.

‘The past is unclear.’

The past of the male lead wasn’t clearly expressed in episodes 1 and 2 of ‘Beneficial Evil’. It might be explained as the episodes progress, but it was absent in the early parts. So, the techniques he used weren’t specifically described. They were shown in a rather indirect manner. In other words, less certain than languages, vocals, or cooking.

But still, now that he was going to possess everything about the character, the martial arts movements would be engraved, right? Woojin had thought.

But instead of just movements, he was going to acquire martial arts itself.

Kang Woojin, impressed anew by the capabilities of the void space, said this to the robotic female voice, though she would not respond.

“I don’t know what it is, but thank you for the martial arts.”

As if in response, the female voice spread throughout the void space.

[“Preparing for ‘Martial Arts’ reading……”]

[“……Preparation complete. ‘Martial Arts’ reading will now begin.”]

Soon, a vast gray swallowed Kang Woojin who was standing there. Despite having experienced it several times, Woojin could never quite get used to this moment. Everything turned from black to gray in an instant, a cool temperature, and a tingling sensation in his lower abdomen.

However.

“Oh. What’s this?”

This time, Kang Woojin was not floating in the gray space.

-Swish.

He could feel the ground. Or, was it the ground? Uncertain. But what was clear was that Woojin’s feet were indeed standing on this unpleasant gray surface. He could support his weight and walking was possible too.

Soon, Kang Woojin scanned the all-gray space.

“……”

It was silent. Nothing was happening. Woojin slightly tilted his head but bent over anyway. He swept the gray ground with his hand. It was strange. It was just gray, but the sensation felt like pushing away fine dirt.

That was when it happened.

-Swish.

A very short breeze brushed against the cheek of Kang Woojin, who was bending over. A sign of presence. He felt a chill on his forearm and slowly lifted his head.

“Ah, damn. That startled me.”

Someone was standing about five steps ahead.

No. Someone? Was it appropriate to describe it as someone? Woojin flinched slightly at the figure in front of him. The reason was simple. What stood before him was merely in the shape of a human silhouette. The height and build were almost similar to Kang Woojin’s. However, unlike Woojin, it had only one color.