Chapter 81 - Enhancement (2)

"······Condition?"

PD Yoon Byung-seon's eyes widened slightly. Naturally, he hadn't expected the word 'condition.' Kang Woojin, on the other hand, was ready to say it out loud.

'I don't know. Screw it. Just do it.'

After all, PD Yoon Byung-seon had gotten a good idea of Woojin's eccentric personality through 'Sports Day'. Of course, it was all concept, but this much facade and pretense would be fine.

'Rather than just acting on impulse, it's also a necessary condition for my future.'

Fortunately, PD Yoon Byung-seon responded nonchalantly.

"Alright, as long as it's not too big of a deal, we'll try to accommodate."

Being a top figure in the variety show industry, PD Yoon Byung-seon had dealt with countless celebrities and heard various conditions. Thus, Woojin began to speak more comfortably.

"Firstly, apart from the basics, I'd prefer if my detailed past isn't emphasized."

"Oh, maintaining a veiled concept?"

Woojin, slightly startled by the word 'concept,' managed to remain composed.

"No. Rather than a concept, I'd like the focus to be on my current self."

"Ah-"

"I'd prefer if there were no speculative interpretations. While it's natural for my life to become open to the public since becoming an actor, I don't particularly want to reveal my past personal life."

"I understand what you're saying. Many celebrities have such concerns. Such things are not even considered conditions."

It was true. Most domestic celebrities preferred to keep their pasts hidden. Celebrities are, after all, like products. They require attractive packaging, and anything from the past that could tarnish that image is best left hidden.

Effective image crafting.

Of course, there were instances where celebrities hidden pasts were exposed, leading to the downfall of some, while others had their past acts of kindness revealed. But these were exceptions. Most celebrities did not openly disclose their pasts.

PD Yoon Byung-seon was well aware of this.

Especially rising stars or newcomers tend to hide even more. They're vulnerable, given their newly acquired fame. Moreover, Kang Woojin was rising faster than anyone else. Yoon Byung-seon obviously intended to consider Woojin's feelings.

However,

'Hmm- considering his personality and demeanor, I suspected his past wasn't all smooth sailing. Looks like there's some deep history involved.'

Yet another misunderstanding arose.

'Well, his acting skills and language proficiency didn't just come out of nowhere. I see an intensity in his eyes beyond his years.'

Regardless, the past was in the past. Yoon Byung-seon was a forward-looking individual and was only interested in the present Kang Woojin.

"I promise. We can even add it to the contract. During editing, we won't include any hint of such nuances."

"Thank you."

"No problem. As I mentioned, many actors request this. I don't really mind. As long as you haven't committed any crimes, haha."

It was a light-hearted joke to ease the atmosphere. However, seeing Woojin's solemn expression, Yoon Byung-seon's laughter gradually faded.

"Ha...haha. You haven't, right? Committed a crime."