Chapter 69 - Many (8)

‘Wow… Hwalin? Is that Hwalin? This is insane.’

Hwalin, who appeared out of nowhere in the meeting room. The leader of ‘Elani,’ hailed as the top-tier among numerous girl groups. Even Woojin, who wasn’t particularly interested in the entertainment industry, knew of Hwalin. After all, she was very famous.

‘She’s not as beautiful as Hong Hye-yeon, but still, she’s stunning.’

Kang Woojin simply stared at Hwalin, who stood by the glass door, with wonder. It was that feeling when you unexpectedly see a celebrity. At that moment, the slightly plump executive from Netflix murmured, looking at Hwalin.

“Ms. Hwalin? Why are you in this meeting room? You should have been guided to the next room.”

Ah, did she come to the wrong meeting room? Woojin roughly grasped the situation and looked at Hwalin again. Strangely, she was also looking at Kang Woojin. A bit startled, Woojin thought he should remain calm.

So, he greeted Hwalin with a steady voice.

“Hello.”

“……”

However, Hwalin, who was staring intensely at Kang Woojin, did not respond. She just slightly furrowed her brows. Woojin felt a bit awkward.

‘Why isn’t she greeting back? Her expression doesn’t look good either. Why is she like that?‘

On the other hand,

‘This is insane.’

Hwalin, completely flustered, was in a daze after Woojin’s greeting.

‘His voice is so good! What? Is that his regular voice? It almost melted my ears!’

It was already a shock that her favorite, Kang Woojin, was at Netflix, but his deep voice shook both Hwalin’s brain and heart. It was understandable. The actor she had been obsessing over for weeks was right in front of her.

Her thoughts became jumbled.

‘Why? Why is Kang Woojin here? What should I do? I don’t understand. What’s going on?’

Hwalin felt the urge to jump around.

If she could, Hwalin would have loved to rush to the seated Woojin, shout she’s a fan, and ask for a photo together, or at least have a short conversation or a handshake. She could even exclaim that she unknowingly became his fan.

Unbeknownst to her, her feelings for him had grown to that extent.

However,

“Hey, Hwalin.”

Considering all the eyes on her, including the plump director who just called her and other Netflix employees, she had to control herself. So, Hwalin,

“Hmm.”

coughed lightly, shifting her gaze away from Woojin.

‘I can’t keep looking. My heart feels like it’s about to burst.’

Woojin, on the other hand, became slightly more irritated.

‘I get that she ignored my greeting. But did she have to avoid eye contact like that?’

It was then that the chubby manager asked Hwalin,

“What’s wrong? Are you feeling unwell?”

“…No, I’m fine.”

Hwalin replied in a whispery tone and sneaked a peek at Woojin again. It was then that she greeted him.

“Hello…”