Chapter 144 - Missing (3)

‘One-Day Restaurant’? Upon hearing PD Yoon Byung-seon’s words, Kang Woojin imagined a simple scenario in his mind, recalling the variety shows he had seen, which were somewhat relatable to the common folk.

‘Are we doing a trial run before the main shoot starts? It feels like working part-time before the actual business begins. Oh- that sounds fun?’

Though not a PD himself, Kang Woojin tried to envision himself in a variety show setting. He pictured himself clumsily interacting with customers, bumping around in a chaotic yet awkward manner. This thought was oddly nerve-wracking, yet there was an undeniable thrill to it.

It may have been an overreaction, but Woojin, with his concept play fully equipped, asked in a calm tone.

“Are we renting a store to operate it for about a day?”

PD Yoon Byung-seon, pushing up his glasses, smiled.

“That’s the plan. We’ve already finished scouting for a location, um- like those kinds of restaurants, you know? Like Gimbap Cheonguk.” (TL: Gimbap Cheonguk is a restaurant chain in S Korea)

“Ah.”

“We’re planning to run a K-street food restaurant in the U.S., but having only street food might be too monotonous, so we’re thinking of diversifying the menu like Gimbap Cheonguk.”

In other words, street food would be the main menu, but they would also try various Korean dishes like instant gimbap. Following this, PD Yoon Byung-seon handed some papers to Woojin, received from the surrounding writers. The contents included actual photos and some drawings.

It seemed to be a rough concept of ‘Our Dining Table’.

-Flap.

While Woojin was looking at these papers, PD Yoon Byung-seon, leaning forward slightly, continued speaking.

“I heard that the overseas location shoot for ‘Island of the Missing’ is starting tomorrow, the 30th, and it will last for just over a month.”

“Yes, that’s correct.”

“CEO Choi mentioned that during the middle of shoot, around October 17th? You’ll be returning to Korea for about a week for domestic schedules, so we’re planning to align our shooting around then?”

“Is that so?”

Nodding, PD Yoon Byung-seon then handed over a transparent file.

“Well, I’ve already spoken with CEO Choi. This is a tentative schedule plan- we’re looking at about two days of shooting for ‘One-Day Restaurant’. One day for a preliminary meeting with the participants and practicing the dishes, and the next day we’ll dive right into operating the store.”

No extensive practice and that’s it? It was almost like a Spartan regime. Well, it’s a variety show, so maybe that’s expected. Anyway, since it’s just getting a feel for things, Kang Woojin wasn’t too nervous about the cooking practice.

‘Hmph. As long as there are recipes and techniques, I’m set.’

Thanks to the grace of the void space, he had acquired the skills of a chef. At this point, the main female writer sitting next to Yoon Byung-seon added more details about the shoot.

“As PD mentioned, we’ve already finalized the location for the ‘One-Day Restaurant’. It’s not in Seoul. We’ll naturally be taking orders for the customers who’ll come for the surprise operation- but, but we won’t be doing something like Gimbap Cheonguk with over 30 different dishes.”