Chapter 77 - Expansion (6)

The water truck that was present at the scene of the ‘drug dealer’ seemed to be endlessly spraying water as if it had broken down.

– patpatpat!

Aside from the noise of the heavy rain, no voices of people at the scene were heard. It was strange. The voices weren’t just drowned out by the loud rain. Despite there being easily over 60 people gathered, not a single one of them uttered a word.

“……”

“……”

The supporting actor, who had barely managed to ask a question to everyone looked around. Soon, he realized.

Ah- none of them are in a position to answer my question.

Main and supporting actors, staff, production and distribution company representatives, and so on. All of them kept their mouths shut, merely staring in one direction. Their gaze was fixed on the spot where the newcomer actor, who appeared for a brief cameo, had passed through the shooting zone.

Their expressions were all similar.

Dilated pupils, slightly open mouths, furrowed brows, and slightly flaring nostrils. It was the kind of expression one would have after being struck from behind, and it seemed like they had been hit hard.

After what felt like several tens of seconds.

-Swish.

The first ones to move among the frozen crowd were the actors.

‘…He’s good. No, but how can he be that good? He only glanced at the script briefly, right? How can he act as if he had been rehearsing it for over a month?’

The actors began to process what they had seen, trying to recall what had just taken place.

‘It was his first scene upon arrival, and a revised one at that. I get that there were no mistakes, but how could he delve into it with such depth without any emotional buildup. Why did it feel so genuine?’

Even though they had seen it with their own eyes, they couldn’t easily digest it. A feeling of disbelief welled up in their hearts.

‘To be honest… I thought that since he’s a newbie, he would give off an amateurish vibe. But I can’t find any flaw except for the surprising factor. Can he already exhibit such a profound performance? Just three weeks after getting the script?’

There were many seasoned actors on the set of ‘drug dealer’. And thus, they felt even more baffled. It went beyond their understanding.

Neither admiration nor astonishment came out.

The actors were each trying to comprehend the monstrous performance they just witnessed. None of them spoke to one another.

‘His acting quality is that of a seasoned actor. It’s baffling why he was just a stand-in. The problem is, there’s nothing rookie-like about his acting, technique, or impact.’

Knowing that asking would yield no answers, the actors silently pondered.

On the other hand,

“…Wow.”

Unlike the silent actors, the executives from the production and distribution companies slowly began to come to their senses.

“That scene just now was legendary.”

They began to mutter amongst themselves.

“It was the revised script he acted on, right?”

“Yes. He executed it perfectly without missing a beat from the storyboard.”