Chapter 52 - Countdown (2)

*****

Term Changes: Eoulrim Film Company → Harmony Film Company

*****

The 200 or so reporters at the ‘Profiler Hanryang’ production announcement press conference moved their fingers like mad. Because of the bold declaration just made by Writer Park Eun-mi.

“That actor will become an unprecedented scene-stealer. Because he will deliver an acting performance that no other actor can come close to.”

-Tapapapapak!

-Tapapapapapak!

Half of the reporters took pictures and the other half typed on their laptops.

The atmosphere became heated. The reporters’ eyes all sparkled like hyenas. At that moment, PD Song Man-woo who sat at the very first desk and groomed up his goatee today, nudged Writer Park Eun-mi’s shoulder sitting next to him.

“We didn’t agree on such a comment, did we?”

Writer Park Eun-mi, who tied up her long permed hair, quietly replied while looking at the reporters.

“I don’t know. I just went with the flow and it turned out like this.”

“Come on- You did that on purpose, didn’t you? To bait the reporters? Throwing them a bone and hoping for clickbait.”

“Well, I thought I’d give it a try if that question comes up. I didn’t know they’d actually ask it.”

“Haha, Anyway, it seems to have worked, right? Look at those hyenas’ eyes. They seem ready to pounce on any piece of information, true or not.”

Park Eun-mi shrugged her shoulders.

“Do you think they care about the truth? Obviously, they will take what I said, add their own sauce to it, and blow it up several times over. But it doesn’t matter how much they exaggerate the ‘Park Dae-ri’ stuff, right?”

PD Song Man-woo’s smile deepened, as if to agree.

“That’s right. No matter how big the clickbait is, it doesn’t matter as long as it’s about ‘Park Dae-ri’. It’s bound to exceed expectations. I should probably buy that reporter who asked about Park Dae-ri a meal, right?”

“Now that we’re talking about it, let’s bait more firmly. You’re an expert at stirring the pot, aren’t you, PD Song?”

“I’m a pro at that.”

Soon, PD Song Man-woo quietly spoke to actors Ryu Jung-min, Hong Hye-yeon, and others. The actors, who were already familiar with such situations, understood the situation at once. Particularly, Hong Hye-yeon, who was stylishly dressed in a long shirt today, her eyes sparkled.

Then, PD Song Man-woo suddenly addresses the 200 reporters.

“Hahaha, but please write gently about our hidden scene-stealing actor, okay? Gently. It’s too much pressure on the actor even before the lid is opened.”

It was obviously a scripted line. And it worked.

“Do you also regard that scene-stealing actor as unprecedented, PD?!”

“What are your thoughts, PD?!”

The reporters throw PD Song Man-woo with dozens of questions. After some silence, PD Song Man-woo gave a moderate answer.

“I don’t know about the rest, but the acting is definitely unprecedented. For the first time, I swore watching an actor act in my directing career. Isn’t that right?”