Chapter 92 - Threat (2)

"Who do you like?" Hwalin was stammered, her embarrassment deepening.

"What are you talking about?? Speak sensibly. Why would I like him. Why would I like him... I mean, Woojin? We're not even close yet!"

"Really?"

"Yes! I told you, I only liked his work in the short film because it was genuinely good. And I was offered this variety show before Woojin was, you know?"

"......"

"Ah, really, seriously, true. Unnie, really." (TL: Unnie -> Older Sister)

Their whispering was interrupted by Hwalin's chubby manager.

"Excuse me - Sorry to interrupt. Hwalin, it's about time to go, isn't it?"

"Ah! Yes, yes! Unnie, I'll head out first, Unnie."

"Okay. Message me."

"Yeah, let me know how it goes too, Unnie!"

Hwalin, waving her hand rapidly, swiftly got on the elevator, and Hong Hye-yeon bid her goodbye with a small smile. Then, calmly walking down the corridor with her team, Hong Hye-yeon felt an unknown emotion surge within her. She wasn't sure if it was anxiety.

'I didn't expect Hwalin to be involved-'

Hong Hye-yeon felt a vague sense of unease. Shortly after, in the meeting room, she met with PD Yoon Byung-seon, who was wearing glasses. PD Yoon and the writers were all smiles, surprised by the unexpected appearance of a top star.

"Haha, Ms. Hye-yeon. I was really surprised to hear from you."

"Did I arrange the meeting too abruptly?"

"That's okay, even if you set it up more suddenly, we'd run in barefoot to meet you. It's Ms. Hye-yeon after all."

Hong Hye-yeon smiled.

"You're exaggerating, PD. You haven't changed."

"Variety shows should always be somewhat exaggerated. Haha. Anyway, are you really interested in my show?"

"Yes. Right. But on the way here, I met Hwalin? She said she's confirmed?"

"Ah- You saw her? Yes, Hwalin is confirmed."

After finishing his sentence, he received a clear file from one of the writers.

"Let me show you who's confirmed so far. Just keep it a secret. Including Hwalin, Kang Woojin, Ahn Jong-hak, and Ha Kang-su. One is still being coordinated. And now you, also, Hye-yeon."

"Hwalin was the first to be discussed, right?"

"That's right. We sent the offer out first. You've heard since Woojin is from the same agency, right? We only opened up about Woojin early because of the flow of events."

PD Yoon Byung-seon chuckled mischievously.

"Come to think of it, Hye-yeon, you're close with Hwalin, right? And you and Woojin are from the same agency. It would be great if you joined, considering the chemistry and all. You're acquainted with the others, aren't you?"

"Yes, somewhat. But is it no problem that Woojin and I are from the same agency?"

PD Yoon Byung-seon, closing the clear file, smiled even brighter.

"Absolutely no problem. As long as it's fun, viewers don't care about such details. Only the media nitpick on such things."

Hong Hye-yeon slowly nodded, her decision having been firmly set just after meeting Hwalin. Soon, Hong Hye-yeon asked PD Yoon Byung-seon.