Chapter 118 - Multi (6)

South Chungcheong Province, Buyeo.

At the massive set for ‘Island of the Missing.’ It was past 2 PM. The script reading for ‘Island of the Missing’ was scheduled to start at 3 PM, and numerous staff members were running around hectically in preparation.

“Art team! The director is looking for you!”

“We need more chairs, where are the extra chairs??!”

“Over there! They’re behind the bus!”

They entered a set that included a considerably large simulated village. It was an eclectic mix of new and old – about 60% of the houses were old, with the occasional three or two-story building scattered throughout. It perfectly encapsulated the image of an island village.

However, something about it was eerie.

The overall color scheme of the village, the strange bloodstains on the trees or roads, and the scattered clothing and shoes, added to the unsettling atmosphere.

Regardless,

“We have 30 minutes left! Hurry up!!”

The staff members, busy setting up, were located at the entrance of the set. There was a one-story building, initially constructed for meetings during set construction, which was being prepared. Tables and chairs were set up in this space intended for production meetings.

Soon, nameplates began to be placed.

At the head of the U-shaped table, starting from the seat of director Kwon Ki-taek, the first seat on the right had Ryu Jung-min’s name tag. Next to it was:

-[Role of Corporal Jin Sun-cheol role/ Kang Woojin]

This was Kang Woojin’s spot.

‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol,’ the role Kang Woojin would play in the director Kwon Ki-taek’s ‘Island of the Missing.’ Next to him, nameplates for numerous roles started to appear on the tables. There were quite a few. Even though only the main and supporting cast were participating, it was more than three times the size of ‘Male Friend’s’ cast. It was to be expected, given the movie’s large scale.

The cast was also incredibly diverse.

Apart from Kang Woojin, all the lead actors were top-tier, and the supporting actors were famous for their solid performances, had a plethora of works, and were called workaholics because they had appeared in so many movies, or were among the most respected senior actors. Just looking at the overall lineup raised expectations significantly.

With so many reputable actors gathered, the script reading was bound to be intense and thorough.

As things like the nameplates for the characters, beverages, and scripts were being set up, the ‘making-of’ shooting team, who would shoot various promotional videos and the making-of video for ‘Island of the Missing,’ began installing cameras in the reading room.

“Ah- there are so many actors, we won’t get by with just a couple of cameras, we need to bring at least three more?”

“Yes, sir! I’ll get them right away!”

Key staff members such as the cinematography director and lighting director began to take their seats around the U-shaped table. Naturally, this included the actors’ managers and film company representatives. While the reading room was getting increasingly crowded,

“I never thought ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’ would actually be played by Kang Woojin.”

Said the lighting director, a plump man, as he looked at the nameplate for the ‘Corporal Jin Sun-cheol’ role on the table.